? 20/20 Turkey ? Challenge Smack Talk Thread !

Bubba_1122

Beyond opening day has been a mighty disappointing season. Still, have had a lot of quality time in the woods, and I do enjoy being in the woods with a purpose.

I'll likely go once or maybe twice more before it ends. Expectations aren't high for turkeys but maybe I could kill a hog or yote if given the opportunity (I'll transition to hunting hogs and yotes hard after the close of turkey season. Just tired of 'em).

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Anyone still hunting ??? I’m done #3 has bit the dust , it’s been 20 years since I spent this much time in the woods , the last time was the spring before I got married, I said I was gonna show her what she’s getting into ! I may take my daughter a couple more times and see if she can get her limit for the first time , been a fun season !
Me and a buddy worked a bird till 10 o’clock or so yesterday. I’ve been messing with this bird for weeks. He’ll come to within 75 yards of where we can kill him but he won’t leave the neighbors property. My son was supposed to go this morning but he didn’t get up. Smh. We’re working 10 minutes from this property. I told him we need to go a couple mornings this week. The weather will be perfect. Good luck to those still getting after them

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Stay after em Bubba and sounds like a successful hunt mguthrie !

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Got one this mornin STELLAR hunt wow!!!
Heard him on roost at creek, got close and hid in the drainage ditch, get eatin by mosquitos, boots in mudwater,
he fly's down, answers calls and paces back and forth on the creek bank, I move up the drainage ditch to get close to the creek, I think I hear him across the creek now, I move across the creek and up the hill, and up the hill closing in on the gobbles, up the hill..... when suddenly I realize I'm not even goin towards the same bird I was hunting in the 1st place!!!!!!!!! I thought blanket I'll hunt this one!!!
Went up the hill and got in snug and called to em. He answered and strutted back and forth and gobbled for almost 2 hours before finally entering sweet shotgun range!!!
Butt was numb, hands asleep, legs cramped, tailbone bruised wow man that was the hunt I've been waiting for all year!!!
VERY THANKFUL!
VERY SATISFIED!

Good luck y'all!!

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Got one this mornin STELLAR hunt wow!!!
Heard him on roost at creek, got close and hid in the drainage ditch, get eatin by mosquitos, boots in mudwater,
he fly's down, answers calls and paces back and forth on the creek bank, I move up the drainage ditch to get close to the creek, I think I hear him across the creek now, I move across the creek and up the hill, and up the hill closing in on the gobbles, up the hill..... when suddenly I realize I'm not even goin towards the same bird I was hunting in the 1st place!!!!!!!!! I thought blanket I'll hunt this one!!!
Went up the hill and got in snug and called to em. He answered and strutted back and forth and gobbled for almost 2 hours before finally entering sweet shotgun range!!!
Butt was numb, hands asleep, legs cramped, tailbone bruised wow man that was the hunt I've been waiting for all year!!!
VERY THANKFUL!
VERY SATISFIED!

Good luck y'all!!
I felt like I was there just then.
Even slapped a mosketo !?

sea trout

I felt like I was there just then.
Even slapped a mosketo !?

Ahhh ha ha ha ha ha!!!!! I sat and hunted 10 or so trees trunks this mornin and left a call or seat cushion or a back pack or a sweater at every tree. Most interestin part of da hunt was finding every tree and all my stuff back to the truck!!

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Ahhh ha ha ha ha ha!!!!! I sat and hunted 10 or so trees trunks this mornin and left a call or seat cushion or a back pack or a sweater at every tree. Most interestin part of da hunt was finding every tree and all my stuff back to the truck!!
Who land was you on !

Oppps sorry this ain’t no pm

?

Wayne D Davis

At day break this morning the crows started caw cawing and I heard the first gobble I've heard in about 2 weeks. He gobbled 7 times following every close crow caw. I located 4 lone mature white oaks up in the direction of the gobbles inside the planted pines. Ground literally raked. That's where I'll be tomorrow morning

sea trout

At day break this morning the crows started caw cawing and I heard the first gobble I've heard in about 2 weeks. He gobbled 7 times following every close crow caw. I located 4 lone mature white oaks up in the direction of the gobbles inside the planted pines. Ground literally raked. That's where I'll be tomorrow morning

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice!!!!!!!!!

sea trout

Alright cool dudes and dudettes!!!!!!!!!
I've seen some monster birds and some fine scores up this year!!!!
Congrats to y'all!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm a hit it hard in da marnin on a my own. Den Friday marnin I'll be bringin my brother. So good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sea trout

Not at gobble at my Elberton spot!!! I did talk with a hen and hoped maybe a big tom would be in tow but she never came all the way up the hill anyway.
Was debating whether to go to Elberton or Clarkesville..... the big boy probably was lookin for love at Clarkesville spot!!
One more day tomorrow with my son and my brother at the club. If we get on one I'll try to set them up as the shooters..... but I will have Woody Winchester just in case!!!

Good luck Wayne!!!
And good luck to all y'all huntin this last couple days!!!!!