2005 Deer Standards

coon dawg

GONetwork Member
this is an easy one for me.........

first 7 does, to fill my freezer................any buck that I consider to be 5 1/2 years old or older, rack size not that important to me anymore................I hunt to #1) enjoy God's woods and nature, #2) fill the freezer.....#3) the CHALLENGE of harvesting an OLD, mature buck... :) :)

Last edited:
H

HT2

By this thread............

I know what folks would fit into our lease(s).............

And, who wouldn't.........

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Al White

Nice little button head will do it for me ::ke:
Really, a couple of does first and if I see a buck that I will mount he'll get a dose of lead poisoning

Perry Hayes

It all depends on were I am hunting.If I am hunting on my lease it will be one for the wall 15" wide or 16" tall at least.If I am one one of my "meat" stands
on private property a 13" or 14" will go down.I only hunt these stands to shoot deer regardless of the sex of the deer.When I hunt these stands I fully intend on putting one in the freezer.

Meriwether Mike

I am looking for one where there is no doubt and I do not have to wonder about whether to take him or not. I hope to break into the 130 inch or better class with one this year. I look for one where the neck goes into the shoulders and does not get smaller and with a slight gut on him. That will get me to 3 1/2 age class or better.

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
HT2 said:
I know what folks would fit into our lease(s).............

And, who wouldn't.........

:D :D :D :D :D :D

I like to hunt deer , not sit in a tree and look at them.
But that's the main reason I hunt Public land as well WMA's I don't see any sense in wasting money to hunt a lease where I have to let a legal deer walk because of a arbitrary set of rules.

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
coon dawg said:
first 7 does, to fill my freezer................any buck that I consider to be 5 1/2 years old or older, rack size not that important to me anymore................I hunt to #1) enjoy God's woods and nature, #2) fill the freezer.....#3) the CHALLENGE of harvesting an OLD, mature buck... :) :)

Coon dawg is my hero !!!!!!!!!!
Bow only. So a buck larger than i have taken with my bow so far. It will take a super 2 1/2 or an average 3 1/2. And any doe that turns broadside.

gabowman

In Ohio I'll be looking for a 120" or better. Here in Ga. it'd be state rules. (I primarily bow hunt all season as long as I'm getting some deer meat or atleast getting opportunities).

GB

cowboyron

I'am a deer hunter there for I kill deer........just not to many. I play by the rules of where I'm hunting a legal deer is meat in the freezer. Thats why the good Lord put them here for us to eat. If I'm hunting on your lease and its 13 points or better then thats what I hunt
I sure like to hunt'um but I really enjoy eating them.

Scout-N-Hunt

Couple 'O Big, Fat does ....... maybe even three. The ones with horns will walk unless he's at least 3.5 y/o and has good mass & width - say 130 class or better!

TreeJacker

With a bow anything mature will be fair game. I'll be selective with the rifle. No bucks unless I'm planning on mounting them. Everything will be eaten by my family.

bull0ne

Banned
I won't shoot young bucks.....on purpose.

I try to shoot older, mature does but any doe thats out of place or on the fringe gets shot.

I won't shoot into the ''old faithful'' doe groups that i depend on to drag a rutting by me.

Most important of all i plan on seeing as many sunrises and sunsets as possible this fall and what i may get to kill is second place to enjoying the experience.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Depends on where I am hunting.

buckmanmike

shooter deer

The last two years i have let nice(110-120 8pt) bucks walk during the early season. Both years when they showed up again later in the season I took them. Last years buck was on the smoker yesterday(summer sausage). I haven't used my 2nd buck tag for years. Buck would have to be a B/C for the last tag. I try to take some does and donate to Feed the Hungry or a friend that can use the meat, after I fill my freezer.

E

edge

Mature doe or two, and maybe a buck if it is 15-16" wide and 8 or better, with good mass. It would have to be big enough to mount.

er

GAGE

GONetwork Member
3 does for me, (hopefully 1-2 of those will be by my bow) 1 more for HFTH and any buck that I would not hesitate to put on the wall!
It has been five years since I shot a buck so if another year passes that I let them all walk, so be it!