Marlin_444

Bear Foot!

•••

Attachments

• Bear Foot.jpg
    Bear Foot.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 1,278

Marlin_444

When will be a good weekend to get another hunt in???

Marlin_444

Late Nov. Or Early Dec.???

:)

Attachments

• IMG_20150913_101901_edit.jpg
    IMG_20150913_101901_edit.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 1,309

rexmyers82

Wanted to say thank you for all the great advice you guys have been posting. Will be taking my first hunt in the Chattahoochee at the end of November with a buddy and his dad. We all appreciate how freely everyone on the forum has shared their knowledge.

Marlin_444

12/19... Let's see...

bighits4421

Dec Hunts

Hey yall. I wanted to see if yall have been seeing bear the last few weeks? I am trying to get one, but everyone that was seeing them on my lease said they have stopped seeing them the last few weeks. Thinking the laid down for a mini hibernation session or went higher in the mountains. Anyone see any the last few weeks?

Marlin_444

Hey all -

Hope your season has gone well...

Joe, Vin (hope Ol Hippie can make it) and I are meeting up at the Taco Mac - Holcomb Bridge Road on Thurs 1/14...

Join us, first round or beers on me - It's Pint Glass night and if you don't want your glass :) I'll take it...

Text me if you can make it!

678-644-5533

Ron

Attachments

• IMG_20151226_144921_edit.jpg
    IMG_20151226_144921_edit.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 1,047

Marlin_444

Pnome kills his first Alabama Deer...

•••

Attachments

• IMG_20160116_191329_edit.jpg
    IMG_20160116_191329_edit.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 1,049
Last edited:

ranger374

anybody had a chance to bust a thunder chicken yet? Was thinking about trying to head up the hill before season ends if I don't tag out first. Got one to go. Hope everyone's doing good. Been a busy year down here with family and work.

pnome

anybody had a chance to bust a thunder chicken yet? Was thinking about trying to head up the hill before season ends if I don't tag out first. Got one to go. Hope everyone's doing good. Been a busy year down here with family and work.

I've had a chance. Just haven't sealed the deal on one yet.

ripplerider

I've been wondering what you'd been up to Howard havent seen you on here thought you might have took up golf or something. Did you kill anything close to that monster you got a yr. or two ago this past season? I've had the native trout fishing bug bad this year, havent turkey hunted yet. Been fishing some little creeks I hadnt hit for 15-20 yrs., places you have to crawl through a tunnel of laurel to make a cast for an 8 inch trout but I love it!

ranger374

I've been wondering what you'd been up to Howard havent seen you on here thought you might have took up golf or something. Did you kill anything close to that monster you got a yr. or two ago this past season? I've had the native trout fishing bug bad this year, havent turkey hunted yet. Been fishing some little creeks I hadnt hit for 15-20 yrs., places you have to crawl through a tunnel of laurel to make a cast for an 8 inch trout but I love it!

No havent taken up golf--it makes me cuss too much!!! Haven't killed anymore big deer--finally got the wife to hunt some so i been letting her do the shooting and i been doing the draggin and cleaning. Been hunting with the recurve a good bit--so your shot opportunities decrease a little with that.
Yeah, i hear ya on the trout thing. I haven't turkey hunted in about 15 years. Finally got access to a place that had a few and killed one long beard with a 9.5" beard. Then I got the bug so I been hunting redlands every chance I get. Killed a jake the first time I went and should have had a nice long beard on the second trip. He was out a little further than I like to shoot, but was close enough to easily kill after i stepped it off. been playing cat and mouse with him since. he came in and didn't see a hen i guess and off he went. Been wanting to plan a good turkey trip to the natl forest up there just havent been able to yet.

My dad had a stroke before Christmas last year and we just welcomed a baby girl to the family in Feb. so i have been pretty tied up with work and family. the past few years, Wyatt's fall break has been on BP week for the bear hunts so haven't been able to make those either. hope to try to make it this fall though. We need to plan a turkey hunt on 296 again--that was pretty fun last time.

We did come up that way a few times with the camper last summer to fish for some stocker trout though. probally do the same thing in hopefully next month or so somewhere toward helen or lake burton.

pnome

Anyone up for Muzzleloader opener this year? I've heard from olhippie and he seems interested.

pnome

OK Sportsfans!

Here we go. This weekend at the end of 296.

So far we've got myself, olhippie, and bowstring signed up. Anyone else interested should respond in this thread.

Current weather report is looking VERY NICE for this weekend. Cool and only 10% chance of rain! Gonna be a great weekend to be outside!

7Mag Hunter

OK Sportsfans!

Here we go. This weekend at the end of 296.

So far we've got myself, olhippie, and bowstring signed up. Anyone else interested should respond in this thread.

Current weather report is looking VERY NICE for this weekend. Cool and only 10% chance of rain! Gonna be a great weekend to be outside!

Good Luck guys !!!!
Be sure to post some pics !!!

pnome

Haven't heard back from Jack and Ian can't make it anymore. So, we're canceling for this year.