2015 Bear Camp... Thur 1/14 meet up Taco Mac Holcomb Bridge

Marlin_444

Hey All -

Hope y'all are planning for 2015; for me the season(s) never end they just bump one into the next...

Thanks to Woody's for providing this segment of the forum for us and we will post dates.

I look forward to seeing you soon!!!

Last edited:

erniesp

I will keep a eye on this thread. My 7 year old told me the other day he wanted a bear rug. Hopefully me and him can get out together and get him one.

Marlin_444

I will keep a eye on this thread. My 7 year old told me the other day he wanted a bear rug. Hopefully me and him can get out together and get him one.

Come and join us we do some scouting during Turkey Season Opener as well as Small Game opener weekends...

Take care and have a great season!!!

Marlin_444

So, I see there are some rumblings with the DNR powered that be about a Spring Bear Hunt...

Personally, I'd love it!!!

Let your thoughts be know with your reps, DNR etc...

ChristopherA.King

I really want to get up there and learn a thing or 2 from you guys this year. I think my kids are getting big enough to look out for each other for a day or so.

Marlin_444

CAK, Come on Brother!!!

Marlin_444

Hope Y'all had a good Deer Season...

3 shots by me and two Deer... Here is the knife and the 7 point Buck I took with my Muzzle Stuffer (CVA Wolf Magnum, the other is the big ol-Butter Ball Nanny with my '70 Marlin 444...

•••

Attachments

• IMG_20150207_082351.jpg
    IMG_20150207_082351.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 2,522
  • 11 14 2014 II.jpg
    11 14 2014 II.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 2,542
  • Booom 2.jpg
    Booom 2.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 2,571

Marlin_444

I saw more Black Bear in the Southern Zone in two days than I have at the CNF in over 3 years averaging 6 to 8 hunts (2-3 weekends)...

Any y'all hunted there? Mind you they were not in Season...

Let's hear it all you "Outlaws".

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
outlaw, where in the southern zone were you?

Marlin_444

Twiggs county round Jeffersonville, GA... Some Fellas I know have 4500 acres that they Trophy Deer hunt...

One of them $2,500 a year deals...

Too rich for my country blood...

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
State wants to deny how many there are in that area of the state. Wife has an uncle who lives in a golf community that backs up to Okie Woods and he sees bear walk through the back yard from time to time.

Marlin_444

There are many many more in the CNF

No doubt spank, just need to get one early in the season... Bow #1, once all folks have begun to stomp around BP#2...

By rifle they get up, but I've seen my smallest (be nice) and my biggest would go 500+/-... Big Ol'Boar... At CNF...

Bear Season is a 1 day event in the Southern Zone, great to see them when it's Turkey, Pig or Deer hunting...

See you in the woods.

Good morning Coyote Season in Alabama.

Live from the Bankhead National Forest at Brushy Creek / Smith Lake, Houston, Alabama....

•••

•••

Attachments

• IMG_20150208_082330.jpg
    IMG_20150208_082330.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 2,482
  • IMG_20150208_082337.jpg
    IMG_20150208_082337.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 2,499
Last edited:

hambone76

Was on a night time, thermal hog hunt off Hwy 96 last year, saw some big bear tracks out in the ag fields that we were hunting. Twiggs County has a lot of bears.

Marlin_444

Yep... The problem with the southern zone for bears is the season...

One Day...

The state, local and DNR offciators... need to come up off of that thing in my humble opinion...

Marlin_444

Hey Fella's...

Some of you at know and or carw... I I killed my cell phone and lost all of my contacts this past season...

PM me with your digital and or e-mail so I can replace them...

You can hit me on FB also

Ron Crowe

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
pm sent

I have a few others' too if you need some digits let me know.