2017 Wilkes County

Possum

Banned
Nice buck! It’s been absolutely dead at my place last week. Was getting between 100-200 pictures a night and plenty of daytime pictures every day and then it all stopped. I’m getting a handful of night pictures a night now and haven’t had a daytime picture in a few days. One of my two bucks ive been hunting is still around but haven’t seen my big ten pointer in a couple weeks.

cr00241

Good deer!

I hunted this weekend. Saw does by them selves and smaller bucks just feeding in the food plot. Camera had pictures of deer running but not sure if they were chasing. I moved cameras all around so time will tell. A very nice 9pt was killed Friday morning following does on the property down from me. They are still out searching for a hot one.

deermaster13

Very nice deer! I didn't see much chasing activity this past weekend. This weekend hits the 28 day range but that full moon going to have a lot of night and middle of the activity. Going to try and pull some cameras this week.

Possum

Banned
Deer started hitting food plots hard last few days. Does have grouped back up. Got pictures of both the big bucks last night so still have hope I can catch one feeding in daylight here in the late season. Last season the only two daytime pictures I got of the big ten pointer was in December.

Possum

Banned
A buddy of mine killed a 3.5 yr old eight pointer in Rayle last weekend chasing a hot doe

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Gonna go and brave the cold this weekend with the whole family! I hope animals are movin around!!
Good luck y'all!!!

sea trout

Any snow on the ground in Wilkes co???

cr00241

I am going to try and hunt tomorrow morning. It sure is cold but that west wind is perfect for my bow stand. Good luck to all. They have to be on their feet!

cr00241

Saw some bucks chasing does in my foodplot. It was at night on camera. Seen some new rubs and scrapes too.

bowhunterdavid

I have seen more bucks on our place the last two weeks than i have seen all year. Fresh scrapes everywhere. Really hitting the food plots now.

cr00241

I hunted the past two weekends and a younger buck came by right on the tail of a young doe. I heard grunting out in the clear cut and the sound of horns hitting. It was the most action I had witnessed all year.

sea trout

That all sounds cool!!
We had a great year!!! Saw ton of deer in Nov and Dec!! Lotta bucks and does and weanlins!!!!!

We hunted the last 2 weeks but didn't hardly see nuthin. Trail cams show them in food plots at night this Jan for our place.

Have fun y'all!!

Possum

Banned
Finished out another good season in Wilkes with one last doe for the freezer last weekend. Our trail cam pics fell off sharply after thanksgiving. Bucks have left and get mostly does and small buck pictures now. Now we start preparing for next season. Going to move some stands, expand some plots, plant some trees and trap some yotes.

sea trout

Spent the day on the property yesterday changin camera cards, pourin salt and lookin for sheds in the food plots.
I was amazed to see how many new rubs and scrapes were present that were not there at the end of deer season!!!! Wild, there were a lot!! We didn't find any sheds.
Came home and looked at pictures and it seems bucks still have both horns.
Good luck y'all! Hope many a big birds start gobblin next month!!!!

deermaster13

Picked up a shed last weekend. Checked cameras and we have several really nice deer that made it and looked to be in good shape. No surprise lots of daytime pics with 2 and 3 running together. Now just trying get rid of some hogs. Been a few years since we had a problem with them and they making up for it. Wet weather slowed down our trap line considerably so hoping to get some steel in the ground this weekend.