2018 Bear Kill thread

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Post'em up boys and tell us about it. Good luck.

Rabun

Nice pic Rabun! Is that a Red Oak?
Thanks. Yes red oak. There's another bear below which I believe to be momma...chomped her teeth at me a few times. I must have bumped them. Don't think they were feeding in that tree just taking refuge. I have a short video I'll try posting.

Christian hughey

And thanks to the guys who went out of their way to let me know I have some good guys to team up with and get it done. I hunt alone because my friends are wusses and scared of the bears. Given I had one huffing and chompin at me while walkin in this morning. Couldn't see it, it was dark still and it wasn't to far away. I did feel a little sketchy but that's part of it that makes the hunt even better. Already been a good year.

tree cutter 08

Glad to see some hitting the ground. I wish they would do away with the 75 lb minimum for 1 season to see what happens. My guess is a Lot of 90 and 100 pounders would be taken. Usually a 75lb bear or smaller will be with momma. With all the folks in the bear woods this year, how many deer or how much deer sign are you seeing?

ddd-shooter

Glad to see some hitting the ground. I wish they would do away with the 75 lb minimum for 1 season to see what happens. My guess is a Lot of 90 and 100 pounders would be taken. Usually a 75lb bear or smaller will be with momma. With all the folks in the bear woods this year, how many deer or how much deer sign are you seeing?
I’ve seen maybe TWO bears in all my years hunting the mountains that were under 75 pounds and alone. Lots of 70ish pounders with momma.
Lots of bear activity low. Both bears I’ve seen were under 2500 ft.
Acorns more prevalent low. Not a lot of deer sign yet, but I’ve seen a lot of movement.

Rabun

Not seen much deer sign in last two years...same areas I've seen deer regularly for years. See more bears these days. They need thinning out

fiddlinduke

I hunted Hooch saturday. Heard one shot late saturday afternoon. found piles of acorn caps and hulls and scat but no bears. gonna try again next weekend..
congrats to the killers!

Christian hughey

Glad to see some hitting the ground. I wish they would do away with the 75 lb minimum for 1 season to see what happens. My guess is a Lot of 90 and 100 pounders would be taken. Usually a 75lb bear or smaller will be with
No deer, no deer sign, havnt seen a deer or a track hunting hooch In 5 yrs now, only get to come up a weekend or two a year though. See them at unicoi from time to time while camping

Last edited:

HunterJoe24

No deer, no deer sign, havnt seen a deer or a track hunting hooch In 5 yrs now, only get to come up a weekend or two a year though. See them at unicoi from time to time while camping

I've seen deer almost everytime hunting there. Saw a little 4 or 6 pointer that had gotten spooked and ran by me last December. Lately its been hogs more than anything

Christian hughey

And 1 yote would have reached the end of the line this weekend if I wasn't dead set on getting my first bear on the wall and in the crockpot.

GTHunter

I got my first bear this weekend on one of the early rifle hunts. She was 125 pounds field dressed and about killed me packing it down the mountain. I strapped her onto my climber and hiked out not realizing how heavy she was. I also shot a nice boar hog the day before. I will do a full write up of the hunt story later today or tomorrow.

IMG_7070.JPG