2018 Bear Kill thread

Buckman18

I tagged out tonight on the Warwoman WMA early bear gun hunt. Good grief it was hot today!! Special shout out to Ryan who is over Warwoman for helping out with the recovery!

Killer Kyle

Thats the way to get it done Buckman!!! The big boom stick strikes again! Your season is off to a good start man! Big bucks better hide!

Buckman18

Looks like you made a perfect shot too. Nice job guys!
In a perfect world scenario I would’ve shot him 3-5 inches further back and higher. He was almost gone and I had the crosshairs in the last opening and when he stepped through - BAM!

I heart shot him, and he is the only critter to date I’ve shot with the 45-70 that took another step. But he didn’t go far, just the wrong way down the Mtn, as usual.

jbogg

Way to go Buckman! Now that you are tagged out the deer better be looking over their shoulder for you. Temps in the 40s by next weekend. Finally! This has been the hottest, most humid bow season I can remember.

Joe Brandon

Buckman way to go!!!! Waring them slap out. Hey between you and Treecutter I'm seeing I need to add some shorts to my hunting gear!

Last edited:

Buckman18

Buckman way to go!!!! Waring them slap out. Hey between you and Treecutter I'm seeing I need to add some shorts to my hunting gear!

You’ve gotta be careful showing too much leg while bear hunting, the girls might get to callin’. I’m sure treecutter would agree?

FMBear

Got it done near Dahlonega yesterday afternoon. Stalked it on the ground for a couple hundred yards. Ended up with a 44yd shot and watched it fall in sight. I figure he weighs 175-200.

Congratulations on a successful stalk and harvest!

Rabun

Got it done near Dahlonega yesterday afternoon. Stalked it on the ground for a couple hundred yards. Ended up with a 44yd shot and watched it fall in sight. I figure he weighs 175-200.

Very nice bear and a heck stalk and shot at 44yds! Congratulations!