2018 Oglethorpe County Hunt Reports

benbishop6602

Took the weekend off from hunting this weekend. Picked up my deer at firetower . Really like the size of their ground packs. Everything looked great and I hope to see them again in December. Tough year on bucks in Philomath area?. Seen a ton of deer , just haven't seen no real good ones taken so far.

Todd E

You shore have helped our farm!

You haven't gotten any pix of a big boar with any front end damage have ya?
He got out of his bed at creek fence. I hit him hard twice.
I keep quiet on what dirt I hunt. Do not need my stuff stolen. Just happens, you know where I'm working on pigs at. :)

Arrow Flinger

You haven't gotten any pix of a big boar with any front end damage have ya?
He got out of his bed at creek fence. I hit him hard twice.
I keep quiet on what dirt I hunt. Do not need my stuff stolen. Just happens, you know where I'm working on pigs at. :)
No. Haven’t got one of him. I did slam a 250lb boar thanksgiving weekend on the creek just off the fence. I heard the one you hit was huge

transfixer

I'm guessing the second rut is about to start in OC ?, if anyone is hunting this week keep us posted, unfortunately looks like a lot of rain this weekend, so I'll be staying home, and too much work to go hunting in the middle of the week right now.

Arrow3

I haven't hunted since Thanksgiving morning. I'm super thankful for 2 nice bucks but it makes it hard to get out of the bed knowing all I can hunt is does and pigs.

Thankfully duck season starts back this weekend .

Buford_Dawg

Had a friend take a nice buck in Clouds Creek yesterday AM. It was running does. Maybe 2nd rut kicking in. Gonna be too wet for me again this weekend. Gonna take a day off middle of next week and try again. My trail cams are showing good buck movement mid-day.

transfixer

Had a friend take a nice buck in Clouds Creek yesterday AM. It was running does. Maybe 2nd rut kicking in. Gonna be too wet for me again this weekend. Gonna take a day off middle of next week and try again. My trail cams are showing good buck movement mid-day.

I was going to go this weekend until we saw the forecast earlier this week, our main access road is in pretty bad shape because of loggers, all this rain this weekend would make it an adventure by itself, just getting in an out of the lease, if it doesn't quit raining on the weekends I'm going to have to reschedule my workload, and take a few days off in the middle of the week, hoping to take my oldest with me next trip though, and he only has weekends off.

They're talking 2 inches or more this weekend in the Athens area, and possibility of sleet and freezing rain.

transfixer

I haven't hunted since Thanksgiving morning. I'm super thankful for 2 nice bucks but it makes it hard to get out of the bed knowing all I can hunt is does and pigs.

Thankfully duck season starts back this weekend .

Definitely going to be the weather for Ducks ! :)

ADDICTED2HUNTIN

I haven't been since I killed my buck. Need to go kill a couple does for the freezer but this weekend is going to be way too wet! Hoping for a little better weather next weekend

Buford_Dawg

Ran down to OC yesterday and got a AM and PM hunt. Cant hunt this weekend (3rd weekend in a row, killing me). Saw 4 does and a 4 point buck in the AM and a hog in the PM. Different properties. My trailcams, sitting on old scrapes and trails are showing alot of deer movement midday. Saw several freshened scrapes since the rains, so bucks are still using them to some degree. Good luck to those getting to hunt this weekend, should be good.

nix03

If anyone has any openings for a OC club, would you please let me know for the 2018-2019 season. I would like to find a good club that's good for kids and myself.
thanks

transfixer

Ran down to OC yesterday and got a AM and PM hunt. Cant hunt this weekend (3rd weekend in a row, killing me). Saw 4 does and a 4 point buck in the AM and a hog in the PM. Different properties. My trailcams, sitting on old scrapes and trails are showing alot of deer movement midday. Saw several freshened scrapes since the rains, so bucks are still using them to some degree. Good luck to those getting to hunt this weekend, should be good.

I'm about to go stir-crazy with all this rain on the weekends ! Looks like I can't get back up there until the weekend before Christmas,,, I could try and go this Sunday, but its not worth the mud bog I'd have to go through to get in there ! They're calling for 1 1/2 to maybe 2 inches of rain for that area tomorrow and Saturday.

Steven037

Nice evening to be in the stand. Saw several does and a button but they all got a pass since I’ve shot three. Did shoot a nice pig that I dropped off at fire tower tonight. Can’t wait to get some sausage from that one. Sorry I’m not good at posting pics.