2018 Oglethorpe County Hunt Reports

Arrow3

Brandon - How long you had that BLR? Never owned one myself but bought my son one back in 2011 in .308 and love shooting it.
About 5 years now. Bought it from a coworker. It's a 1972 Belgium made rifle. The last year they made them there. I absolutely love it.

benbishop6602

Have not been hunting since thanksgiving. Going to try to make it next weekend. That will probably be about it for this season. Seen a lot of deer , but nothing to really get excited about as far as mature bucks go. Really surprised that really no (ZERO) real nice bucks were taken off our lease this season .

Last edited:

Buford_Dawg

Merry Christmas to all the fellow OC posters on this forum. Great group of guys. Appreciate reading all your posts and have learned alot over the years from some of you. I ran down to my property and got in a couple of hunts on Friday. Saw a couple of deer and pulled trailcam cards. Had 3 bucks on camera that had broken G2 or G3s and one buck that had already lost one side. All small young bucks. Have not had a shooter buck on camera since 2nd week of November, they pretty much disappeared on me. Hope to hunt some after Xmas, but rain may keep me from going, not going to fight wet weather this late in the season.

transfixer

I had hoped to spend most of this week in the woods after tomorrow, but now I'm so disgusted I may not even go, supposed to get another 4inches or so of rain over there thurs and Friday, One of our guys hunted this morning and said the place is a muddy mess. Its bad when you have a hard time getting in and out of the woods with good mud tires and 4wd.

Triple C

Merry Christmas to all the fellow OC posters on this forum. Great group of guys. Appreciate reading all your posts and have learned alot over the years from some of you. I ran down to my property and got in a couple of hunts on Friday. Saw a couple of deer and pulled trailcam cards. Had 3 bucks on camera that had broken G2 or G3s and one buck that had already lost one side. All small young bucks. Have not had a shooter buck on camera since 2nd week of November, they pretty much disappeared on me. Hope to hunt some after Xmas, but rain may keep me from going, not going to fight wet weather this late in the season.

Thx BD and right back at you and all the OC folks that contribute to this great thread!