2019-2020 Plantation Duck Club Thread...

Mexican Squealer

Going to do a play by play from planting till the end of the season at Plantation Duck Club Garnett, SC. We will be mowing, spraying and drilling corn, rice, chufa and millet over the next couple of months. Feel free to follow along, make suggestions and share your waterfowl management ideas. The more we can help each other the better....

Mexican Squealer

Saw something cool today....rode through the club this evening and caught a glimpse of something up in the willow trees....turned out to be close to 30 wood ducks sitting in the trees. Figured they were young’uns and adults as I’ve seen several clutches the past few weeks. Watched them through the binoculars and it seemed to be all adults in some kind of courtship deal...the Drake’s were bobbing their heads up and down non stop. Pretty cool. Never seen that many wood ducks up in the trees before.

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Saw something cool today....rode through the club this evening and caught a glimpse of something up in the willow trees....turned out to be close to 30 wood ducks sitting in the trees. Figured they were young’uns and adults as I’ve seen several clutches the past few weeks. Watched them through the binoculars and it seemed to be all adults in some kind of courtship deal...the Drake’s were bobbing their heads up and down non stop. Pretty cool. Never seen that many wood ducks up in the trees before.

That is cool !!! Pics ??

Mexican Squealer

Rough work in the 100 degree heat today and yesterday. Sprayed impoundments, unclogged a water control pipe, limbed roads, spayed wells for wasps ( After getting Lit Up by several) tested pumps and began work on a new duck hole. The pictured impoundment is one I’ve let grow up thick in willows and left as bedding area for deer. Bushwhacked out into it yesterday and found some sweet secluded blind spots. Gonna plant in rice and chufa and let the pine goats find somewhere else to lay up.E6BCD77F-A651-462A-A2AA-EF748E1BF0B5.png135776A1-C8D5-49ED-A2E2-B9ACC859A2F5.png

flatsmaster

The glamorous life of a duck plantation owner ? a lot of work for hopefully some winged filled skies during season ... can't wait for pics as the hard work blossoms into tons of duck food !!!

Mexican Squealer

got some tractor time in this evening. Got a couple more ponds prepped for planting and worked on a new hole out in some thick willows. Had 50 bags of rice delivered and a few more bags of corn. Fertilizer truck comes Thursday. Planting starts Thursday evening and will go until it’s done. Praying for rain....this time last year we were praying for it to stop raining. 40A6A1C1-202B-447C-B5C6-762AD3176C23.png9CBD946A-C0C6-4636-8C76-41581CBCF6BC.png3B107550-1F5C-4C89-AAF2-B3A45A874BB4.png6245668A-8AA4-4CBF-9AF4-2E2FCEE259F6.png125EADBC-81FF-4547-A75D-DACBC2ED22E1.png9057498D-C6F6-4E0B-BF86-521BBEE170D3.pngA945684C-9A68-445A-9075-DB2605A7D661.png

Mark K

Banned
Maybe some of that rain will filter South. The only thing I noticed this evening checking traps was very little dust behind the truck, lol. Hopefully in the morning I’ll find a little mud.
Hoping you get plenty of beneficial rains for your upcoming season.

Mexican Squealer

Today was a washout as far as planting. Got one dove field mowed and ready to drill millet when things dry out. Rain like we have had the last few days and expect over the next few will test the nerves of anyone planting for ducks in impoundments....5E8A248E-F44F-46AB-98D9-C424C969C69E.png

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
That's a sweet drill, you got it looking good Squealer. Alotta hard work and $$$.