2019-2020 Plantation Duck Club Thread...

oops1

Buzzard Expert
Yep, we have only shot 34 birds. 4 Wood Ducks and the rest being BWT, GWT, Pintails, Greys, Ringnecks and Mallards. The place has been managed and planted for over 30 years. “Normal” seasons the former owner would kill 800-1200 birds a season. Last two years have been far from normal.

Wow..that’s unbelievable what a crap shoot it is! Those 34 are some high dollar ducks. Still, if I had the means and property, I’d roll the dice as well.

DeweyDuck

Yep, we have only shot 34 birds. 4 Wood Ducks and the rest being BWT, GWT, Pintails, Greys, Ringnecks and Mallards. The place has been managed and planted for over 30 years. “Normal” seasons the former owner would kill 800-1200 birds a season. Last two years have been far from normal.
Wow, that's too bad. Just remember, "no good deed goes unpunished". Your season is like my usual; results are inversely proportional to effort used.

That makes me feel better... .We have a 7 acre duck impoundment full of millet, but it is vacant of birds. However a natural .22 acre slough with duckweed has produced multiple two man limits this year. Go figure...

DeweyDuck

That makes me feel better... .We have a 7 acre duck impoundment full of millet, but it is vacant of birds. However a natural .22 acre slough with duckweed has produced multiple two man limits this year. Go figure...
****** man; look at the money you've saved by staying home to hunt.

Duckbuster82

I feel like at some point in the season there has to of been birds to shoot. If you could get enough people to show up on a short notice numbers would be better. I mean 30 birds is a decent hunt not a season. There has to be more to it than not having birds. I know bird numbers have not been great but there have been pushes of birds. You have the food for sure it looks like it should hold birds if they come through.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
The professor has spoken again. It's not duck numbers. Something you've done is wrong. And your group is not a group of good hunters. Should have put more time, effort, or scouting into it.

Duckbuster82

The professor has spoken again. It's not duck numbers. Something you've done is wrong. And your group is not a group of good hunters. Should have put more time, effort, or scouting into it.

Not at all what I, was getting at. Only saying that if birds are here Monday and you only shoot Saturday’s birds may leave befor then. Would it not be a good idea to try and shoot Tuesday. I am only asking what the reasoning is, he says that he sees birds and all. I Mean if there are 4 blinds and we are 8 Saturday’s into the season. That is one bird a day. How do you go from 800-1200 birds a season to 35? There has to be more to it than no birds. I Have plenty of friends that own impoundments or guide at them. But they have killed birds even with low numbers. I find it hard to believe that with all the food he has there there has not been an opertunity to kill more birds. Just feel as though the opertunity has not been capitalized on. I feel as though in a down year you may have to work harder and try new things not show up on Saturday walk to your blind and hope something comes by.

Not criticizing, just asking. This is a public forum to share knowledge and to learn.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
The location of this spot is surrounded by thousands of acres of prime duck habitit for the east coast along with several hundreds of years old duck clubs. They are all having down years, 2 or 3 yrs strong. Not all of them hunt 1 day a week. Some of the surrounding habitat is public. All of the areas south of the Mason Dixon line are not what they were 6 or 7 years ago as far as consistency and numbers. No other way to spin it

Mexican Squealer

I feel like at some point in the season there has to of been birds to shoot. If you could get enough people to show up on a short notice numbers would be better. I mean 30 birds is a decent hunt not a season. There has to be more to it than not having birds. I know bird numbers have not been great but there have been pushes of birds. You have the food for sure it looks like it should hold birds if they come through.
With all due respect kid, you don’t have a clue as to what you are talking about.

Core Lokt

32* this morning and I think the cold pushed the 12 ducks we had away. Didn't see a duck today....didn't even get one up running the lake to and from. I'll be glad when Sunday comes...

rnelson5

It’s not over until next Friday.