2019 Oglethorpe County

Todd E

55628864_2302801109751777_3419402259539165184_n.jpgAfter him not wanting to play this morning....I drove off on him, ate, and took a nap.
When I returned, I was determined not to play fair. Avian X feeder hen, funky chicken, and a fan. Only called once. He showed up an hour later. No.2 down.

Buford_Dawg

WTG Todd, we hunted yesterday AM and got on several birds, close again but could not seal the deal. One more weekend and I think I will turn to trout fishing, LOL

Triple C

Todd - That's one great pic! Congrats. Son cam down this morn and we located one roosting on edge of swamp. Got set up and the bottom fell out. Called it a day.

Arrow3

Scouted this bird yesterday and had great idea he'd still be there this morning. My buddy Chad , who can't hunt but just a few times this season due to his sons baseball team called me last night and said he could go this morning. I told Chad we'd go after this bird and he'd be the shooter. I wanted him to get him and bird and I have plenty of time to hunt. We were rushed with the weather but the big boy strutted right to us off the limb. He was a stud too. 24lbs, 10 1/2 inch beard and 1 3/8ths spurs. Fun hunt with a good friend. FB_IMG_1554075020710.jpgFB_IMG_1554075024517.jpg

Todd E

Thats an awesome hunt, A3. Mighty fine to share a true friendship like that.
Great calling. Great shooting. Spurs that dreams are made of. Some poundage, too.

Last edited:

Arrow3

The turkey woods were silent this morning. I walked 4.3 miles and all I heard was a whisper gobble way across the property line.

Buford_Dawg

WTG Brandon, that is one thing I have never done and that is call up a coyote while turkey hunting with turkey call. I have called in Bobcats and Foxes, several times each, but no Yotes. I would just as soon knock down a Yote as a turkey, well maybe, LOL....