2019 Oglethorpe County

Arrow3

Todd , you've got to have perfected cleaning hogs by now! Another nice one!

Arrow3

Thanks Neal. I'll pick some of those up.

jbird1

Lol...those videos never get old! Biggest thing I guess is to make sure you stay pointed down range after you're done slinging lead. You don't want to miss footage of the aftermath. Good stuff.

Arrow3

Lol...those videos never get old! Biggest thing I guess is to make sure you stay pointed down range after you're done slinging lead. You don't want to miss footage of the aftermath. Good stuff.
Definitely. It's hard not to pick the gun up and look around . Wish I would have had the camera rolling when I killed 6 at one time.

jbird1

Definitely. It's hard not to pick the gun up and look around . Wish I would have had the camera rolling when I killed 6 at one time.

What a cool gizmo. I probably wouldn't be technical enough to take it from field to computer. My young guns could probably figure it out though. Keep layin' em down.:rockon:

transfixer

If you're using 55gr pills currently, try some of the heavier loads available, for hunting with a .223/5.56 I prefer something in the 62-69 gr range, Winchester makes some 64gr loads sold as Hog/predator I believe, you're putting a dent in them though ! I picked up a knock off Go-Pro a while back, if it will quit raining on the weekends I'm going to head back up to our lease and try to find some pork myself .

Todd E

A3, thats why I ditched my AR. Even shooting Win Razorbacks in 64GR, I just wasn't getting the boom flops. If I remotely thought of another, it would have to be an AR10.
Remington makes some called Hog Jammers. You've got a nice rig and the TCAM is sweet. Keep stacking em.

Arrow3

A3, thats why I ditched my AR. Even shooting Win Razorbacks in 64GR, I just wasn't getting the boom flops. If I remotely thought of another, it would have to be an AR10.
Remington makes some called Hog Jammers. You've got a nice rig and the TCAM is sweet. Keep stacking em.
Thanks Todd. Between me, you, and Jason Thaxton maybe we can knock a dent in these jokers . ( in reality, they are reproducing faster then we can kill them )

Triple C

You guys keep shooting those vermits! We doing all we can on our place but I'm convinced without trapping on a broad scale, population control is difficult to obtain. BTW...any of you guys trapping using he Circle 6 traps?

Todd E

You guys keep shooting those vermits! We doing all we can on our place but I'm convinced without trapping on a broad scale, population control is difficult to obtain. BTW...any of you guys trapping using he Circle 6 traps?

Ive never heard of it. Fixing to google it.
The one I looked at and researched is the Bull Creek Game Changer JR. Neat setup on trailer. Portable. Cell phone triggered. Comes in around $7k. Nearest retailer is in TN.
Have a friend in midwest. WRD offers help for nuisance hog control. They came in and set one up. First or second night set.......they triggered it and slammed it shut on 30 plus hogs. Thats how you put a dent in em. Catch the whole sounder and the trailing boars.

Todd E

Triple C ...... after consulting Google thinking I was looking for a brand trap ... are you referring to the figure 6 homemade assembly with t posts and hog panels ? If so, lots of folks do those. Even on a small scale with not many panels. They work.

Definitely keep a cell cam on a trap in order to know what's going on.

transfixer

Triple C ...... after consulting Google thinking I was looking for a brand trap ... are you referring to the figure 6 homemade assembly with t posts and hog panels ? If so, lots of folks do those. Even on a small scale with not many panels. They work.

I'm pretty sure that's what he was talking about, I'd like to build one on our lease this spring, I'll leave the panel propped open for a couple weeks to get them used to it,, and only close it when I go up on Friday evening to stay the weekend. I've just got to get one of the other guys to help me with it. Shouldn't be too hard to drive those t-posts in the ground with all this rain we keep getting !

Triple C

Yessir...That's exactly what I'm talking about.