2019 Oglethorpe County

Todd E

If any of you guys like speciality stuff made out of hogs and deer.......The Meat Shed in Eatonton is the best. It's the only place I go now.

Meatloaf, cleanest pure ground deer around, cube steak that cuts with a fork, backstrap magic marinated straps and loins, jalapeño cheese sausage, regular sausage, bulk or breakfast, habanero mango brats, etc. No place around here can touch their processing. Feeling froggy......ask for some Trinity brats. Feel the burn all the way down. LoL

Arrow3

If any of you guys like speciality stuff made out of hogs and deer.......The Meat Shed in Eatonton is the best. It's the only place I go now.

Meatloaf, cleanest pure ground deer around, cube steak that cuts with a fork, backstrap magic marinated straps and loins, jalapeño cheese sausage, regular sausage, bulk or breakfast, habanero mango brats, etc. No place around here can touch their processing. Feeling froggy......ask for some Trinity brats. Feel the burn all the way down. LoL
I'm definitely gonna take them one after your recommendations and samples ?

Arrow3

Any of you guys taking a child to the turkey woods this weekend?
Me and my buddy Chad are taking his 9 year old daughter.

Buford_Dawg

Any of you guys taking a child to the turkey woods this weekend?
Me and my buddy Chad are taking his 9 year old daughter.

I wish, but my 2 son's have outgrown it. We certainly had great times when I could take them. Old Paintbrush bird. Franchi 20 guage with Heavy 7's. This was the last child weekend hunt we got to participate on. Back in 2015. Good luck Brandon this weekend.

Attachments

• photo4.JPG
    photo4.JPG
    143.6 KB · Views: 19
  • photo5.JPG
    photo5.JPG
    137 KB · Views: 19

jbird1

My three have baseball, golf, swimming tournaments/meets. My wife and I are already playing zone coverage for these events....chasing longbeards before sports entered the equation is a distant memory at this point in our lives. It will come full circle at some point. Good luck to all those who can get after 'em this weekend and looking forward to the report!

Arrow3

My plans have changed a bit . My friend that has the daughter has had a scheduling conflict for in the morning.

So now I'm going with a guy that mobility impaired. Maybe we'll get him one.

fredw

Retired Moderator
For those using (or planning to use) The Meat Shed for your hog processing.....

They announced a closing for renovation for a couple of months. From Facebook:

Hey y’all we will he shutting down our processing shop for renovations and maintenance on March 31 we will be accepting hogs for processing until March 27. We will reopen for processing on June 1. Our retail store will remain open for our normal operating hours!

If you need an alternative check out Big Buck Deer Processing in Eatonton. Good folks, good work.

Arrow3

Success! I struck this gobbler mid morning yesterday and my buddy Keith had his 2nd Turkey ever. His wreck changed his life 5 years ago but his love for the outdoors pushes himself to still hunt and fish as much as he can physically can. It's a hunt neither of us will ever forget. FB_IMG_1552856825214.jpg

Buford_Dawg

Great stuff Brandon. I went down early Saturday AM and listened for gobbling but heard nothing. The quarry right beside us decided to fire up about 15 minutes after light, so it was difficult to hear my self think, much less hear a turkey gobble.

Triple C

Great stuff Brandon. I went down early Saturday AM and listened for gobbling but heard nothing. The quarry right beside us decided to fire up about 15 minutes after light, so it was difficult to hear my self think, much less hear a turkey gobble.
Saw your truck parked across the rd so I went out on front porch to listen for gobblers. Just bout gobbling time...quarry went in to full force mode. Seems they only run on Saturdays. I don't recall ever hearing them during the week.

Todd E

I haven't heard a single gobble in OC. I haven't seen any fresh pig sign lately, either.
Talk about being bored...........lol

fredw

Retired Moderator
I haven't heard any birds either.

Lease is scheduled for a control burn. Fire breaks were plowed last week. We're expecting it to happen any day now.

Buford_Dawg

Good luck to everyone turkey hunting this weekend. Turkeys continue to be scarce, but there are a few small pockets in OC that are holding some birds. Not like in the past, but a few. I plan on being down and hunting or at least enjoying camp with some friends. I think one of my son's is gonna join me, heck I doubt I carry a gun, let him do the shooting if fortunate to hear and see one. May kill a pig if one of them walks up on our set.