2019 Oglethorpe County

Arrow3

They were really on the prowl with it being a holiday weekend

Arrow3

Looking for lease .....

Mainly looking for Oglethorpe county. Surrounding counties may be possible.

Budget is around $1500

I also have some good friends looking too..We are looking for a certain kind of place. No bunch of stupid rules or grown men who act like spoiled kids.

A pin in system and no "picked spots" is a must.

A management system in place is a must.

A good turkey population is a must.

I and we are devoted to working the land to improve hunting for each and every member. If you kill a big buck I will be the first one there to congratulate you and help you get him out of the woods. We would like to hunt with people that will do the same when we kill one.

I hunt. Don't get upset because I know how to read sign and hunt the wind and kill a good buck when you come on Saturday morning straight out of McDonald's and see 1 button head.

I killed two 4 1/2 year old 10 pointers in 2018. First bucks I have killed in 5 years. My friends I hunt with didnt kill a buck. I tell yall this because we don't just shoot anything. We are all looking for deet 4 1/2 years old and older.

I know the kind of place I'm looking for isn't the everyday club advertised on here but I'm hoping someone here will read this that is looking specifically for guys like us.

We don't cause drama and we don't want any.

Please pm me or email me at ..
Southerntradition3@gmail.com

Thank you for reading.

Arrow3

Good grief!!! Only in Oglethorpe Co.... ?. So, I pulled into the store just a few minutes ago and When I was walking in to pay, I noticed one of oglethorpes finest (a Deputy Sheriff) parked on the side of the building. He was watching this woman who was smoking while pumping gas. I saw her too and was thinking this lady is crazy! But anyway, I went inside and all of a sudden I heard a commotion and I heard somebody screaming. I looked out the door and the woman's arm was on fire! She was swinging her arm and running around like crazy! I ran outside to help the Deputy who had just put the lady on the ground and was putting the fire out with his coffee!! Then, he cuffed her and threw her in the back of his Patrol car. Yes, that’s right! The lady who had just caught on fire was getting locked up. I was thinking "What kind of person smokes WHILE PUMPING GAS and thinks nothing's gonna happen?! Just dumb! So being the inquisitive person that I am, I asked the Deputy what he was charging her with. He looked me dead in the face and said, “WAVING A FIREARM!”
??????????

Buford_Dawg

Hey Todd, Is that some customized Pig Loader you go there? That is pretty neat idea. BTW, we had a huge sow hit right by our camp last week on Lexington-Carlton just above Sandy Cross, that thing must of weighted 350+. I would have hated to see the damage to the vehicle that hit it.

Arrow3

Nice hog Todd. I wondered this week when we were texting if you had been killing any. My hog killin is over for a while anyway.

Triple C

Increased speeds lol.
Maybe TripC can speed up on wolfskin now. :)
Holy Cow!!! That's a big un! TripC be setting his cruise on 50 these days on Wolfskin. No more 65 for me. One warning was enuf and at least it was a warning. 67 in a 45 on Wolfskin just after new sheriff rode into town. Generous to have given me a warning. Thanked him and went on my way driving much slower these days. All good!

Triple C

Increased speeds lol.
Maybe TripC can speed up on wolfskin now. :)
You knew it before I did. Was pleasantly surprised this past Friday afternoon when I crossed into OC on Wolfskin Rd. 1st thing staring at me was a newly placed 55 speed limit sign. Never knew it was 45 in the past until new sheriff came in to office and I found out in a hurry. Kudos to the new sheriff for setting the speed limit to 55 on rural roads. I'm a happy camper!!!

Buford_Dawg

Been slow on the OC board recently, Summer doldrums ;) Meet up with ToddE several weekends back, terrific guy. And hope to get back down that way in a week or so. Gonna build a couple of box stands here soon to bring down to OC. As always this time of year, just waiting on summer to breeze by, so we can get back to the fun stuff in OC in the fall. And happy fathers dad to all your dads out there.

Triple C

Right back atcha BD and all OC fathers! Been slow for me as well. Son is down several times a week doing what needs to be done...mostly grass cutting this time of year. Gonna be down for the weekend of the 4th. Just hangin around NW ATL burbs this weekend. Got a butt on the pellet grill and the oldest and his crew coming in this afternoon.

Once the 4th gets past us it'll be in countdown mode. Prolly lime in mid July.

Buford_Dawg

Spent most of day Saturday in OC. Cleared alot of woods roads / trails, got some mineral licks in the ground, trail cams put out, socialized with some really good guys, sweated alot and got some red bugs, hate those little boogers. The little things you gotta do to keep up the property for the hunt themselves.