2020 Oglethorpe County

jbird1

Morning folks. A new guy here. Grew up in Ga and a lifelong Dawg. Army fella moving to Colbert in August to take over the ROTC program at UGA. Looks like yall have a wealth of knowledge and know how to enjoy living right. Hopefully, I can add a little something in the mear future. If its outdoors, I am all about it.

Sounds like you're about to be livin' the dream!...welcome aboard and GO DAWGS!

Jtmiller

I've been on GON for many years and had the pleasure of getting to know quiet a few folks. I'm definitely glad to be back in the fold. Having 19 years in the Army has caused my share of travels and I used many forums including GON to meet folks all over. It is crazy how many of the folks you meet along the way turn out to be better than family often times I have found. Hopefully, it will be nothing less here. I'm looking forward to getting that direction soon.

Buford_Dawg

Welcome JT, great group here, jump in anytime.... Sorta slow now, but the forum kicks in deer and turkey season, lots of good information shared and some nice deer and turkey pictures show up on occasion as well.

Buford_Dawg

Someone has turned up the heat down here in OC.... ??

Headed down about daylight in the AM to pull trail cam cards and work around my camp for a couple hours. Hope to be done by 10:00 and beat the heat. They moved the logging equipment onto our Sandy Cross club today, hope they can get their work done and out of there by start of bow season. We will see. Looks like dry weather for the next few weeks so that will help them move along.

transfixer

I need to get up there and put my trail cams back out, I pulled them out of the woods last trip, but not this weekend, Its always hotter over there than it is here in West Ga, and all the pines on our lease don't let ANY wind blow through there at all ! never understood why its so much hotter over there, if its 90 around here it will be 93 or 94 over there !

Arrow3

Headed down about daylight in the AM to pull trail cam cards and work around my camp for a couple hours. Hope to be done by 10:00 and beat the heat. They moved the logging equipment onto our Sandy Cross club today, hope they can get their work done and out of there by start of bow season. We will see. Looks like dry weather for the next few weeks so that will help them move along.
Tell them to run me a big buck or 2 up the road ?

Arrow3

I haven't put the 1st camera out in Sandy cross yet but I did go buy a couple hundred pounds of corn this morning. The feed store was jumping!!

Buford_Dawg

Spent a nice morning in OC today, got alot done around camp and spent a little time in the woods. You boys ever got a bear on camera in OC? Just asking ;)

Also, with cameras being in woods since Memorial Day, my cards were full of game. I believe I am seeing a increase in deer numbers around 3 places I have camera's running right now and have a lot of fawns on camera starting about the first week of June, numerous does with 2 fawns each visiting mineral/salt licks. Unfortunately coyotes and hogs continue to show up quite a bit as well.