2020 Oglethorpe County

Arrow3

Hit the lake up with my dad this morning and had a great time. Every fish came off of brush piles we built , some of them came off one we built last weekend. Cleaned 52 in all . Got a buddy who's had a few health problems keeping him from catching a mess of fish so I'm going to give all these to him so he can have a fish fry for his family .FB_IMG_1596919506570.jpgFB_IMG_1596919512131.jpg

Buford_Dawg

Trans, might as well invest in a few, I started last year and must say, it is really neat to be sitting at home and a alert pops up on your phone with a deer, hog, turkey, who knows what. I just bought my 3rd last week. And monitoring the Tactacam thread in the Trailcam section to see how those cameras are working out. So far so good it appears. May try a couple of those at some point. Problem is not the purchase of the camera (many are getting < 125.00 per camera) but when you acquire several, then the cell cost can add up monthly.

Arrow3

I've got some tactacam cameras coming. I might get them this coming week. They are hard to find because they have been so popular.

Todd E

I'm loving my Tactacam. Yard trial is over. Headed to woods with it.

I will say this.....my SGA place is 2.5 hours away. A cell cam is going on my feeder there. That cell cam is going to tell me if I need to go hunt and when. It will save me time and money. If what I'm looking for is not there......no more driving. In the past, I would have to fly down there on Fridays, walk in well past dark, swap cards, and go view. No more. If they aren't there......I'm not going.

transfixer

Todd - You must have Verizon. I've got AT&T cause that's what our company runs. Sux at the farm.

AT&T doesn't work very well over at our place off Bethesda Ch either, they must not have many towers out that way ? I've got Verizon and don't have any problems, but a couple of our guys have AT&T

Triple C

AT&T doesn't work very well over at our place off Bethesda Ch either, they must not have many towers out that way ? I've got Verizon and don't have any problems, but a couple of our guys have AT&T
I gotta get me a cheap Verizon farm phone.

Todd E

The above pic is VZW. I was in SGA setting it up. In a spot where you're lucky to have 2 bars on phone of either VZW or at&t. Must be the big ol antenna on cell cam.

In the area we all hunt in OC.....lucky if either get good bars of 4G. Always seems I can't set hog trap where I want because cell cam won't grab svc. But this Reveal grabs service where nothing else will.

Hughy

Hello, my name is Hughy and I’m also now addicted to my new cell cam. ?

I’ve been researching for the last couple months trying to decide which brand to go with. I narrowed it down to tactacam and spartan. I went with spartan due to the $5 a month unlimited Verizon data plan. The initial cost of the camera is more but so far it’s been great. Found out if you own a business the unlimited phone plan is $35 per phone line and $5 a month for each additional device (cell cam). Just changing phone plans cut my bill in half!! If I understand it correctly, spartan and maybe ridgetec are the only companies this applies to.
So far everything has been working flawlessly. Battery is still on 100% and I’m running it on a feeder taking 100+ videos and pictures daily. I’ve had it out for about a month now. I get pictures 12 seconds after it takes them.
The only problem I’m having is I only have one of them. I’m sure I’ll have a few more shortly.

Triple C

The above pic is VZW. I was in SGA setting it up. In a spot where you're lucky to have 2 bars on phone of either VZW or at&t. Must be the big ol antenna on cell cam.

In the area we all hunt in OC.....lucky if either get good bars of 4G. Always seems I can't set hog trap where I want because cell cam won't grab svc. But this Reveal grabs service where nothing else will.
Just went online to order me a couple of those tactacams. Seem to be out of stock everywhere I check.

Triple C

Nice to see plenty of fawns running around. Mama has taken good care of this set of triplets. Seems I’m seeing more fawns this year just riding around the property than in previous years.
View attachment 1032307
After looking at this pic for a while, I've come to the conclusion that they are not triplets. One in the middle seems much smaller than the other two...unless it's a runt.

Triple C

Trip C Farms
Where all the deer go to hang out :)
All the 1.5 n 2.5 yr old's go to hang out. They tend to disappear in mass once they reach 2.5 and older. Been at this for 10 years and each year's the same story. Lots of up n comers each year but getting em any older is a challenge.