2020 Oglethorpe County

Arrow3

I tell y'all what I almost always appreciate law enforcement and dnr but sometimes you just run into a bad apple. Today was my day.

Buford_Dawg

Congrats to all those that had luck this weekend. I heard no birds Saturday AM, did not hunt Saturday PM and heard 4 birds and saw one bird Sunday AM. I will say DNR was strongly present on Saturday AM where I hunted, there were 3 officers running patrol within a couple miles. I was checked as well. We spent most of our time this weekend, working on a new shed and Fire barrel at camp. I am wore out.

Attachments

• IMG_2517.JPG
    IMG_2517.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2518.JPG
    IMG_2518.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 26

Triple C

Congrats to all those that had luck this weekend. I heard no birds Saturday AM, did not hunt Saturday PM and heard 4 birds and saw one bird Sunday AM. I will say DNR was strongly present on Saturday AM where I hunted, there were 3 officers running patrol within a couple miles. I was checked as well. We spent most of our time this weekend, working on a new shed and Fire barrel at camp. I am wore out.
BD - Remember ya'll talking bout that last Fall when I dropped by. That's gonna be nice!

revans4661

Heard and saw Gobblers Saturday and Sunday mornings. Couldn't get them in close enough. Had the joy of taking my stepdaughter on her first hunt. Her face when the first gobbler responded to my call was classic! She asked when she could go again!

fredw

Retired Moderator
Oglethorpe has been very quiet. Yet to hear a gobble nor see a bird.

Checked trail cams after this morning's hunt. Two pics of a hen (on two different plots).

Beginning to wonder where the birds went.

ADDICTED2HUNTIN

I've only hunted OC one time this year. I had a bird on camera 2 days before the opener, I killed him. Only hens and Jake's since then and before then.
I don't know where all the birds are!

Arrow3

I've only hunted OC one time this year. I had a bird on camera 2 days before the opener, I killed him. Only hens and Jake's since then and before then.
I don't know where all the birds are!
I thought you were gonna leave that place alone this year and let them repopulate? ???

Triple C

Noticed OC has 1 Covid- 19 case reported as of last night. How you guys hanging over there? For the 1st time in my life, I now wear protective gloves when I go out for groceries or to gas up. And ain't never washed my hands like i'm doing these days.

Buford_Dawg

Heard a few birds Saturday AM, nothing this AM. Shed is almost completed and had a RV cover put over my camper this week. One more day of work on the shed and we are done. A lot of hard work, but we can enjoy it for years to come.

Attachments

• 0424077D-AFF8-4EE6-BF35-A926A7130808.jpeg
    0424077D-AFF8-4EE6-BF35-A926A7130808.jpeg
    160.1 KB · Views: 38