2020 Oglethorpe County

Todd E

@Triple C I take my game to The Meat Shed game processing in Eatonton. He makes all kinds of specialty stuff. Not cheap, but worth it for me.

Sausages bulk or breakfast....jalapeno cheese, maple, mild, etc

Brats.....regular, mango habanero, trinity(hot), apple cinamon,, and others

Meatloaf
GATA burger.....which I love.
Cube steak that cuts with a fork.
Ground that is so clean. Pure red meat. He won't add fat unless you ask.

He also has a specialty store near The Pyramid where you can buy steaks, stuffed chops, pinwheels, etc. Even Wygaiu(sp).

IMHO best processor there is and only place I go.
These local processors are....... well, I just won't use them.

Hughy

You won’t be sorry!

This is a couple years old. Prices may have changed but this should give you an idea of his variety.
I haven’t tried everything but my favorites so far are jalapeño cheddar bulk sausage and meat loaf.
911F0748-8A8E-4BB8-9181-1CDDBFA0C24B.jpeg

transfixer

According to the weather radar I've been looking at it appears OC is gonna be water logged by this weekend ? I know we are here in West Ga, heavy rain is gone, but its still raining lightly. Just wondering how bad it is over there ?

fredw

Retired Moderator
We had Georgia Forestry scheduled to plow our plots tomorrow. Needless to say that was rescheduled!

Hughy

According to the weather radar I've been looking at it appears OC is gonna be water logged by this weekend ? I know we are here in West Ga, heavy rain is gone, but its still raining lightly. Just wondering how bad it is over there ?

It’s rained so much in the last 12 hours all my food plot seed I planted Monday evening is probably about to make it to yall’s lease very soon.

revans4661

Got in the stand this afternoon at 3:00. Got out of the stand at a little after 4:00, due to a severe thunderstorm, with no intentions on going back. Luckily I changed my mind and eased back in around 6:00. At 7:15 it all came together. I’ve been watching this guy all summer. He’s been showing up an hour before dark almost everyday for weeks. Shot him at 10 yards quartering away. I caught one lung and center punched the heart. He ran about 75 yards with a Ray Charles blood trail.
He’s one of two bucks that’s still holding on to their velvet. He injured it almost 3 weeks ago at the end of his beam. I got him in the freezer as soon as I could get some pictures and cape him out. Praying the velvet can be preserved so to have it on the mount.
Big thanks to Arrow3 and ToddE for hanging out and helping with pictures and skinning.
Good luck to you guys. Looking forward to seeing and reading about everyone’s success this season.View attachment 1038422
Awesome buck. Congrats