2020 Oglethorpe County

revans4661

Gonna offer here first....Seem like a good group of guys.
Exchange hunting rights for meat. PLEASE READ
I own 62 Acres in Oglethorpe Co. (Carlton) Very Remote tract
I will offer deer hunting rights until 12/31/2020 in exchange for meat processed at either Dorminy's or The Meat Shed. Talking slim Jim's, jerky, summer sausage. Whole deer....not just a pack
Must be straight up and honest. No drinking or stupid stuff. It has not been hunted in two years...plenty of deer and occasional hog. You will have exclusive rights. I have 160 acres in Madison Co that I hunt. I can explain more to the right candidate.
Message me here for phone number.
I can show it later this week. Liability release required. You provide stands....none currently property. Obey GA Laws

Scott
I'm sure you are going to be overwhelmed with responses, but I live in Colbert, hunt in Ogelthorpe, and would love to discuss this opportunity with you.
Rick Evans 9123134661

Todd E

@revans4661 I'm no biologist. Just base thoughts on history and what I am seeing. Also, what I am hearing. From what I saw and then talking to others ... week of and then ending the 8th. After that, nose dive. The morning of the 8th at 5am, my wife and I saw a possible booner right in here in the city limits. Totally oblivious to us. Dogging a doe. And history shows wait a week after OC is done and go to another place. Yup, that place is wide open right now. And by fast paced OC this year, I bet this place tanks after this weekend.

mscamp

Hunting the Smithonia area of OC this morning and saw a big 10 chase a doe across a 20 acre pasture into the CRP my stand was in. Needed him to take 2 more steps for me to shoot, but he stood still behind some saplings before he finally turned. also saw a young 8 pt, a 3 pt, 2 sp[kes amd 3 more does. Still chasing here.

Todd E

Hunting the Smithonia area of OC this morning and saw a big 10 chase a doe across a 20 acre pasture into the CRP my stand was in. Needed him to take 2 more steps for me to shoot, but he stood still behind some saplings before he finally turned. also saw a young 8 pt, a 3 pt, 2 sp[kes amd 3 more does. Still chasing here.

Sounds like a great hunt. These past am temps have been great.

Arrow3

My alarm clock didn't go off this morning haha

georgia_home

Arrow3

Though you switched to duck season for a while before jumping directly to the big birds. ?
Hardly any ducks anymore. I will still go some but not to the extent I would. There used to be a few good places to shoot on big lakes but duck dynasty ruined all of that. Im not getting up at 2am to shoot 3 or 4 times ?

Arrow3

I'm actually on another good buck. Only problem is I have very limited land to hunt him on and the set up calls for limited wind choices and not the predominant ones this time of year. I had him at 24 yards one day this week but it was to dark to shoot with a bow.

Buford_Dawg

Seen several strong bucks killed in last 2 days. Both cruising after 10am. And saw good chasing this AM. First real chasing I have seen all year. Been a strange year for rut IMO. What is the deal with the very loud and earth shaken blasts on Sunday afternoons? The tree I was sitting in around Bethesda church road literally shook when the blasts went off. They were in different directions and miles from where I was. Got all week to hunt ?

jbird1

Have to type quick cause my puter will freeze up. Went 4 weekends in row. We had lots of good chasing along the way. One of the young guns took a good 9 this past Saturday cruising around 9am. The two big stories for me this season have been the flocks of turkeys (20+ bird flocks that I haven't seen since the late 80's) are back, and a quiet cat bike like Triple C talks about that one of the members brought to camp. That thing is AWESOME. I literally swooped down on a group of gobblers on a logging road...got super close before they flushed. I felt like a bird of prey or something..Ha! Got to get me one of those! Anyway, hope this posts and really enjoyed reading all the reports this season.

Buford_Dawg

Spent a terrific 5 straight days in the OC woods, saw deer most hunts, saw first chasing activity of the year, heavy grunting. Camp was full and several strong bucks taken. The highlight of this trip was my 80 Year Old Dad getting his first deer in many years. Only a spike but certainly made my deer season. Just hoping I am in hunting shape and can walk 1/2 mile to a stand before daylight when I am 80. Happy Turkey day to all you fellow OC hunters and if you get in the woods, I hope you knock down a big one.

Attachments

• IMG_3123.JPG
    IMG_3123.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 39

transfixer

Congrats to your Dad ! I'm headed to OC this morning for a few days, couple guys have been at camp since the weekend, say deer are moving, though shooter bucks are still no showing up, I've got a new spot I'm going to try a couple times, so we'll see what happens!

Triple C

Just got home after being down in OC since last Friday. Loved every minute of it. I'm with Todd on the rut being done. At least what I can tell on our place. No chasing at any point during my stay. Saw deer on every sit. But no dogging or chasing at all. Missed again with my recurve. Determined to kill a deer before season is over with a trad bow.

Wife and I are doing Thanksgiving at home by ourselves. First time in forever that we won't gather with family. First time since owning the farm that we haven't picked and decorated a Christmas tree with the grandkids following Thanksgiving meal. Call me a wuss but we've had too many friends that have had Covid and some ending up deathly sick. One passed. Gonna err on the side of caution this year and hope to enjoy many more with the family in years ahead.

Wishing all my OC friends that post here a safe, healthy and blessed Thanksgiving. We all have so much for which to be thankful!!! God bless the U.S.A. and all our friends in OC!