2021 Oglethorpe County

Buford_Dawg

Temps were mid 40s in the morn and 60 plus by early afternoon. AK is truly a bucket list trip. National Geographic scenes each day. One of the best AK trips we ever did was a cruise. Would highly recommend it.
Yes, a cruise is already planned as my retirement gift. Lisa has it planned out, 7 days sea, 7 days land, now just need to get to retirement, LOL....

Steven037

Went to Alaska many years ago. Stayed at Denise lake lodge in soldatna. Fished around Seward homer and soldatna. Man was it beautiful and one of the best trips of my life. Went in September so it was mainly silvers but we caught a ton. Can’t wait to go back.

transfixer

Well, this Holiday weekend is coming to a close, weather was better than I expected, and would have made the trip to OC to do a few things if it had not been for family events, not one to golf, and really only care for trout fishing in the mountains, never been one to enjoy lake fishing or river fishing in the summertime, too hot, and too many no seeums,,,,

Going with my stepson today to try something I've not done before, kayaking down the Etowah river, not sure what I'm getting myself into ? lol , but after this weekend I'll be focusing on OC and getting things ready for the upcoming season .

Hoping for a good season this year! might not be able to hunt quite as much as the last few years, as I'm now working for someone else instead of myself , but I still plan on being there most weekends and during the peak of the rut !

Hope all had a good Fourth !

Buford_Dawg

Last time I was down got so many chiggars I am just now getting fully recovered, LOL... So, several of my camp buddies came down this weekend and pulled cards and freshened trail cam batteries, I fished Saturday and Sunday on Hartwell and about to head out for a afternoon of golf with my son. I plan on hitting OC in the next weeekend or two and check on my camper and pull my trailcam cards and check to see if the loggers have started clear cutting our Glades tract.

jbird1

Last time I was down got so many chiggars I am just now getting fully recovered, LOL... So, several of my camp buddies came down this weekend and pulled cards and freshened trail cam batteries, I fished Saturday and Sunday on Hartwell and about to head out for a afternoon of golf with my son. I plan on hitting OC in the next weeekend or two and check on my camper and pull my trailcam cards and check to see if the loggers have started clear cutting our Glades tract.

BD- Are you still looking at property on Hartwell? Drove over the lake on our way to a baseball tournament in Myrtle Beach....looked beautiful. Lake Lanier without the crowds and a more reasonable price point. (y)

Buford_Dawg

BD- Are you still looking at property on Hartwell? Drove over the lake on our way to a baseball tournament in Myrtle Beach....looked beautiful. Lake Lanier without the crowds and a more reasonable price point. (y)
Somewhat yes, but we recently bought some property in Clarkesville in a golf course community just in case. I enjoy a good game of golf about as much as hunting and fishing :) Was on Hartwell this weekend and looked at several properties. If something just right comes up, then may jump on it.

jbird1

Somewhat yes, but we recently bought some property in Clarkesville in a golf course community just in case. I enjoy a good game of golf about as much as hunting and fishing :) Was on Hartwell this weekend and looked at several properties. If something just right comes up, then may jump on it.

That's right...Orchard. I love the Clarkesville area. My oldest played in a tournament over at Apple Mountain every Spring for several years. It's most likely a step down from Orchard but a nice change up when/if you need a change of scenery.

If I can get one of the kids to go the Clemson, I may start browsing over Lake Hartwell way myself. Had a buddy that had a place on Clarks Hill a while back. That was a really nice lake as well.

Anyway, hit 'em straight!:bounce:

Triple C

@ToddE...Love your art work. Trust all you OC guys are having a good summer. Life is all about adapting to ever changing events and circumstances. Mine has been a whirlwind the past couple of months. For the past 10 years, I've spent prolly 75% to 80% of my weekends at the farm in OC. Since finishing our house and moving in the first of May, I've been down to the farm twice. Son is down a few days a week checking on things and such. I went down at daybreak yesterday and mowed the entrance and lawn around the cabin, followed by a ride-around just to check things out. Was pleased to surprise a doe and her twins.

Oddly enough...no cameras running this year. First time that's ever happened. We may just forget the cameras and be surprised by what we see come season. I spent several hours a week on here before we moved. Now seems it's once a week or so I find the time to catch up.

fredw

Retired Moderator
Got home and have a Tactacam issue with a camera on the lease. The camera will transmit a test pic but isn't transmitting other pics. Spent some time trouble shooting remotely and had Tactacam do a reset. That didn't solve my problem and I need to be with the camera for further trouble shooting. Looks like I have a good excuse to head to Oglethorpe.