2021 Oglethorpe County

nix03

I keep up with this OC thread as i hunted there several years ago and just curious if any of you have any openings in your clubs? I also have a tractor with fil and several pieces of equipment to help with food plots or trails.

Last edited:

Buford_Dawg

Nix, unfortunately the club(s) I am in do not. OC is a very popular county to hunt, close to Athens and Atlanta, easy to get to and had and still does in pockets terrific deer and turkey hunting. To me if you spend much time looking for hunting opportunities OC is probably top 10 counties that it is extremely hard to find anything. I have seen several posting on the Facebook site "Hunting in the Georgia Piedmont" over the last few years of people with openings in OC. If you use FB, you may want to join that group.

fredw

Retired Moderator
Well, I'm making an unplanned trip to the lease tomorrow. My son topped off my 30 gallon feeder this morning. Tried to do a test run and he thinks the control panel is fried. I've got another feeder that I'll run up there, empty 150 pounds of corn out of the feeder that's hanging, repleace it and then fill the feeder up. Between Tactacam problems and now feeder problems I've been kept busy.

transfixer

Headed to OC early in the am , probably going to do a little work around the lease, if the guys haven't gotten it all done today, need to bring my camper home to do some work on it and take it back up by bow season. I'll definitely be wearing my snake boots though ! I'm glad Stephens is south of 78,, but that is still a little too close to our place for my comfort ! :oops:

Todd E

No need to worry about snakes. Yet to have had a bad encounter, even in diamondback territory. Only ones to really surprise me, catching me off guard, were cottonmouths.

Arrow3

Fished the river today and caught another good mess of channels with 1 flathead. Summer fishing is winding down . Im getting into deer mode now. Wish I had a shooter on camera but hoping one will show up.

Gonna fry up some filets tomorrow night.

Buford_Dawg

Spent the morning in the beautiful North Georgia mountains playing golf with CCC, AC is a great guy, we had alot of fun as we do everytime we get together. Thanks again AC for joining me and we will do it again, maybe closer to Watkinsville this time, lots of good courses around your place. Any of you fellow OC'ers would like to join us sometime just yell. But yell quick as it is getting close to slowing down golf and spending most of my free time in OC :)

transfixer

Didn't have to do any work today really,, couple of our guys already straightened the road out in a couple places,, and mowed all the roads we typically use, just filled a couple feeders , pulled a card from the only camera I had out,,, still didn't put any other cams out,, need to go back in a couple weeks and do that, brought the camper home to do a little work on it,,

I have an issue I've never had before ,,,, my tower stand that I've had for roughly 10yrs in the tall pines, got taken over by a momma buzzard this spring ! couple months ago she was still in it every time I went by,, today two immature buzzards were hanging out on my office chair ! and didn't seem to care that I drove right up to them ! I am afraid to see what kind of a mess they have made,, but they better hurry up and vacate said premises before gun season gets close ,,, or I'll be tempted to do something I'm not supposed to do ! Not even sure if I'll be able to stand the stench to sit in the thing even after they leave ! :rolleyes:

Buford_Dawg

Trans, talk to Todd about the buzzards, we have a box stand on our place called the "Buzzard Roost" for that very same problem. I have never tried to hunt out of it....

jbird1

Didn't have to do any work today really,, couple of our guys already straightened the road out in a couple places,, and mowed all the roads we typically use, just filled a couple feeders , pulled a card from the only camera I had out,,, still didn't put any other cams out,, need to go back in a couple weeks and do that, brought the camper home to do a little work on it,,

I have an issue I've never had before ,,,, my tower stand that I've had for roughly 10yrs in the tall pines, got taken over by a momma buzzard this spring ! couple months ago she was still in it every time I went by,, today two immature buzzards were hanging out on my office chair ! and didn't seem to care that I drove right up to them ! I am afraid to see what kind of a mess they have made,, but they better hurry up and vacate said premises before gun season gets close ,,, or I'll be tempted to do something I'm not supposed to do ! Not even sure if I'll be able to stand the stench to sit in the thing even after they leave ! :rolleyes:

Gonna need pics.:bounce: