2021 Oglethorpe County

Todd E

I just wanted to do something different with this ol' mater head. I should have put him on the wall as a shoulder mount. I would have, if the gator skull and hide weren't already there. 300# and ticked off after I put one up his rear as he ran. He stopped and stood, so I went after him. He turned around and came back eye balling me. I dirt twerked him that time. 20211102_233937.jpg20211117_132802.jpg20211117_132741.jpg20211117_132718.jpg

Todd E

This weekend in OC by the way I am hunting........

Does just out feeding. Seen two young bucks sparring. No chases. Had a deer come trotting right by me. On a mission. No clue what it was. Deer hunting will probably get tough in OC after Thanksgiving, like it always has.

Spending a relaxing eve with meat shed brats, wild turkey loins, and a fire. FB_IMG_1637547972503.jpgFB_IMG_1637547963474.jpg

Arrow3

Didn't hunt all week or weekend. Hope you guys did good. Hope to hunt with my recurve the majority of the rest of the season.

I am going on a 3 day hunt at Oaky Woods with several of my buddies the 1st week of December.

Souhternhunter17

Made my annual trip to Arkansas for deer camp and the rifle hunt on public land as well as opening weekend of duck season. Was able to harvest this 9 point on the first morning of the hunt after only sitting for about 30 minutes. Wasn’t the biggest deer I have killed or even this biggest one I have killed this year but boy, I was fired up! It just is a little more special on public land and the river bottoms in Arkansas make for a absolutely beautiful setting. Its nice to get away and hunt somewhere where you don’t hear any sign of humans and just relax. No cars, dogs, leafblowers, etc.! Rounded off the weekend with a few duck hunts, overall it was slow by my standards. However we were able to shoot 15 birds in two hunts and have a great time. Including the beautiful widgeon below. Overall it was a great trip. With my son due to arrive in early January, I am not sure I will be able to go back out year. If not, it’ll be just fine this trip was good enough to scratch my Arkansas itch. Theres no way I am going to miss my boys arrival for a duck!
CB6DAC2D-1D58-42DF-9B49-BDF5CB393CA2.jpeg
E69FE498-93D9-4834-A8C0-C4A5CCC46FF1.jpeg
487BDE1A-84E6-4427-B888-4F4EBB6DF898.jpeg
F2D55099-38D9-454C-8E82-3738974B6358.jpeg
5AC0C3D6-FFE6-4A60-A5AF-3BAF46BFA67B.jpeg

Buford_Dawg

Well, spent the last 5 days in OC, ran home to do the Turkey celebration :). Hunting and Camp life was good as always. Our hunting crowd is dwindling down, it was mostly 4 of us in camp, several days just 2 of us. We had 3 more bucks and a huge boar hog taken while I was down, a couple of them pretty nice. Still following does, not chasing, but 5-10 minutes behind. I continue to see deer most sits, let a potential shooter get by one AM as it came in from behind about 6:45 on a rainy AM and it was just too dark to fully size up while I had a good shot. He sensed me somehow and started easing off and I got a better look at the rack and it appeared he was likely our only target buck on this property. Oh well he lives another day. I saw several more 8 points over the course of the 5 days that I hope make it thru the season. With acorns gone, deer are coming in heavily to our foodplots and feeders the last hour of daylight. Happy Thanksgiving to all you OC hunters and Good Luck to those of you who make it back down for this weekend, should be outstanding weather.

Grunt-n-bleat

Morning all..
Happy Thanksgiving to all you..
Joined a club down in OC this year and have enjoyed every minute spent down there. Been reading this thread for a while and finally decided to join in the fun.

Hunted yesterday morning 6 hour sit, saw mature doe and twin fawns.
Gonna be at it again in the morning, bout 5 miles down DPR..
Yall be safe and have a good day!