2021 Oglethorpe County

Todd E

I went and watched God paint the sky, on this chilly morning, as I gave thanks. I only heard two rifle shots via same rifle before I left to come home and roll coal. I saw zero deer, not that I was looking for them.

Happy Thanksgiving to all. IMG_20211125_070717_907.jpg

Grunt-n-bleat

G-n-B is a great guy, y'all. We've been discussing hunting tactics for a few months. Glad I got to know him and to see him posting. Can't wait til I get that text saying he dirt twerked one ;)

Well bud, i hope it wont be much longer either..Just gotta stay with it. Thermal scopes are definitely game changers for hogs.
Preciate all your assistance and advice sir! One day i promise its gonna pay off..
Good luck to all you in the morning.
Plan on hunting again in the AM!

revans4661

Tagged out today. First time in 20 +- years I have taken 2 bucks. The morning started out uninspiring as the wind was blowing before first light. This guy showed himself at 730 ish in the thick stuff. The height of those g2's is what sold me. The left one is 12 inches. I've never scored one of my deer, nor have I put much thought into it. He's not a monster, but I am ecstatic just the same. This fall has been one of the best ever for me. The braves won, shot 50+ doves, had great weather for deer hunting and saw plenty, took 2 nice bucks, and the Dawgs will cap it off with a natty. Good time to be a GA outdoorsman and a GA sports fan. The only downside is that my wife knows the freezer is full, and I'm tagged out... The honeydo list is growing. Next year I'll have to pass on that second one until January.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211128-214630_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211128-214630_Gallery.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 38

Buford_Dawg

Outstanding bucks A2Hn and REvans, Unfortunately I missed Thanksgiving hunt for first time in 40 years due to a family death, but it is nice to see the fine group of guys in this forum having good luck. BTW, Never had that buck on camera REvans as far as I know, funny how those bucks can ease around the properties and not get in front of cameras. He could have come from miles away that morning looking for a hot doe, you just never know, got to be sitting there to find out (y)

Triple C

Another great week for OC hunters! Congrats guys. Spent much of last week at the farm with family and friends. Had a blast. Ate really good. Couple of does taken. Few pigs shot. I missed a chip shot at a spike with my trusty recurve Saturday morning. Comes with the territory. 0 for 4 on bucks with the trad bow but still swinging at em. Had a gorgeous 8 pt bed within 10 yds of my stand Sunday morn. First time ever I've had that happen. Just could never get drawn back on him for fear of getting busted. Exciting stuff tho.

Tends to slow down from here on out till the end of season. Acorns about gone. Green fields will get plenty of action.

Arrow3

Headed to Oaky woods wma to hunt with friends on Wednesday. When I get back I'm gonna break the bow back out and see what I can get into. I haven't had a shooter on camera or physically saw one the whole season since I shot the mature 6 in mid September. Got some small tracts I can sling arrows at a few does.

Almost time to get to building those brush piles . I want to start guiding this spring .

Souhternhunter17

Hunted on Thanksgiving morning in OC an had to go be in a wedding in Madison over the weekend. Saw a few does and a spike. Camera check from about the first weekend of Nov-Thanksgiving showed lots of young bucks and does. Planning to go back down and get a few hunts in over the weekend and hopefully shoot a doe, for me its time to make sure the freezers full. I have in the past seen a “second rut” starting around the second-third week of Dec. so who knows, maybe a big boy will slip up.

transfixer

Hunted on Thanksgiving morning in OC an had to go be in a wedding in Madison over the weekend. Saw a few does and a spike. Camera check from about the first weekend of Nov-Thanksgiving showed lots of young bucks and does. Planning to go back down and get a few hunts in over the weekend and hopefully shoot a doe, for me its time to make sure the freezers full. I have in the past seen a “second rut” starting around the second-third week of Dec. so who knows, maybe a big boy will slip up.

Yes, I'm expecting a second rut at least to some degree around the 10th-17th in our area, we've got a few more does around than in recent years, and if any didn't get bred last time around I've always heard they'd come back in 28-30days later ? so we'll see,