2021 Oglethorpe County

Buford_Dawg

Happy New Years fellow OC friends. Lets keep the OC thread flowing once again in 2021. Appreciate the opportunity to socialize on Woody's with all of you and personally can say I have gained a lot from this forum. Just a bunch of outstanding folks post here. I'm sitting this weekend out, gonna watch some football today, wife is cooking collards, black eye peas, cornbread and slow cooking a roast in the crock pot. Lord willing, will be back in OC next Friday to close down deer season and maybe get another piggie.

Steven037

Happy New Year! Definitely my favorite thread. I’ll be headed out this evening for the weekend. Gotta have a double helping of pork, collards, peas, and cornbread first. With four does in the freezer I’ll probably just be enjoying a few relaxing sits in the stand. Maybe a big pig will walk out. Who knows. Just ready to get back out after another week of the grind at work.

Arrow3

Happy new year! I'm not much on collards and peas so ill fire up the blackstone with some smash burgers to eat while watching football.

I had some hogs pop up yesterday on my cell cam so I rushed to sandy cross to pop some . The hogs were gone and in a moment of stupidity I backed into a tree coming out. I guess 2020 wanted to go out with a bang..

I need to kill a couple more does before its all over so I'll go a few more times.

Todd E

Good riddance, 2020. Glad to see you in the rearview mirror, although 2021 may be just as of a bumpy ride. Happy New Year and prayers for blessings and guidance to all you OC buddies.

I headed out last night at 10pm, in all that fog, for a hunt. Good thing I was driving slow. I came up on 4 hogs in my lane. Two were 280# sows with teats dragging the asphalt. Other two were 100#. Finally just put the ranch hand up against a big one and pushed it outta the road.

Just never know what you will find in OC.

Arrow3

Good riddance, 2020. Glad to see you in the rearview mirror, although 2021 may be just as of a bumpy ride. Happy New Year and prayers for blessings and guidance to all you OC buddies.

I headed out last night at 10pm, in all that fog, for a hunt. Good thing I was driving slow. I came up on 4 hogs in my lane. Two were 280# sows with teats dragging the asphalt. Other two were 100#. Finally just put the ranch hand up against a big one and pushed it outta the road.

Just never know what you will find in OC.
You're a hog magnet

Triple C

Happy 2021 boys! BD...Always look forward to seeing you fire up the new thread for the new year! Todd...I echo you sentiments. 2020 saw us finish our 10th season in OC. Been a great, great ride and good Lord willing...many more in front of us. Thrilled to see a good buddy of mine for many years - Big_Red buy him a slice of paradise down in the Maxey's area and start his OC journey. Look forward to contributing throughout the year!

Steven037

Another fantastic weekend in the OC. But what time spent there isn’t? Lots of deer seem. I took another doe Saturday and a young hunter took a nice does this evening. Shot a nice young boar this evening as well. I think they are more skittish than the deer right now. 8C880ADC-E2B0-4ECA-A076-41073D8C6959.jpeg

Triple C

Every now and then, I just have to do it. I'm a foodie. The sole reason I hunt is for my wife and I to eat what I kill. And for the kills........I give thanks. View attachment 1058653
Just the way we do most of our turkey cooks - Strips with hushpuppies, slaw and fries. Only thing I'd add to that would be a spicy homemade dipping sauce along the lines of a Zaxby's sauce with a lil more bite to it.

Arrow3

2 days left. Time to knock some down.

Buford_Dawg

Hunted yesterday, saw 1 35 pound yearling, came home last night, didnt care to sit in 28 degree weather this AM. It has been a great season again for our crew. We had lots of fun, saw lots of game, hate to always see it end. Turkey season will be here before we know it.

transfixer

Another season in the books ! I sat the last weekend out, couldn't bring myself to go deal with the mud and the cold, lol It was a good season, saw a good many deer this year, more than past years, passed on them all, We passed on does this season again, so next years herd should again show some improvement in our area, I do need to try and get to OC next weekend weather permitting, as I plan on keeping the feeders full till the end of Feb/first of March, as they have little to eat around there now,

It was an enjoyable season, got to hunt a little more during the week than past years, able to spend a few days around rut in the woods with my stepson,( who managed to take one our last day there ) all in all a great year, even though I don't have one in the freezer, which would be nice, thats not what its all about for me, I got more enjoyment helping my stepson find his buck and getting it out of the woods than if I had taken one myself

unless something crazy like a souped up version of Covid hits right before Turkey season this spring I'll be trying to do some turkey hunting this year, and plan on trying to find one of those hogs that keep avoiding me between now and then, probably have to get some more instruction from @Todd E , the hog killing guru !

I have a feeling this year is going to be a little crazy , with all the political turmoil that is bound to happen, prbly going to spend more time in the woods to de-stress than usual .