2021 Oglethorpe County

Buford_Dawg

Do you know how old he is Todd, he looks like some of those BCR bucks we have had around for several years. Face and horns definitely look young, but body size is nice and looks like older buck.

transfixer

Do you know how old he is Todd, he looks like some of those BCR bucks we have had around for several years. Face and horns definitely look young, but body size is nice and looks like older buck.

I pull a cam card this past weekend, and have two bucks with similar horn characteristics,, they can say that stuff isn't hereditary all they want, but we've had bucks with nice racks on one side and a single prong on the other around there for years and years,,, right now I have a young one with a fork on one side, and a single long prong on the other,, and I have another older buck with four on one side and a single prong on the other,,, too many of them constantly for it to be injuries while it was growing, has to be something genetic in my opinion

Buford_Dawg

Yes, classic BCR buck, I hear you Trans, we have those bucks all over us, I keep saying year after year, let them live and they will be a real nice buck next season. In year 3 I am thinking that is all false :mad:

transfixer

Yes, classic BCR buck, I hear you Trans, we have those bucks all over us, I keep saying year after year, let them live and they will be a real nice buck next season. In year 3 I am thinking that is all false :mad:

Over the years I've seen 3 or 4 that were 3.5yrs old, maybe even a year or so older, that still had one good side and one spike or otherwise goofy antler on one side, and then we've had numerous ones that were almost pefectly symmetrical,, real nice 8 and 10pts, widest one I remember was a 10 that was 18inches inside spread, and the symmetrical ones are usually quite tall, its like we've got two completely different genetric strains around there ,,,,

Buford_Dawg

Spent Thursday afternoon thru Saturday evening in OC. We had club workday Saturday, had great turnout, 12 of 15 members showed up, got everything done that needed to be done. Stands are ready to hunt, camera's deployed, now time to start enjoying some camp time and socializing with fellow deer hunting friends. Just need a couple of nice bucks to show up on camera to start targeting ;)