2021 Oglethorpe County

transfixer

I've not been as pro-active this year in getting ready for the season as I should have been , just too much going on lately, but I will be back in OC this Fri, not sure whether I'll work half day or all day yet, but I'll be there, Golf cart is ready, new to me climbing stand ready, smokepole ready, I need some decompression time in the woods ,,,,,

Big_Red

No bear season?

I‘ve had what I’m certain (trail cam) are at least two different bear ruin both of my feeders. My forester told me there is no bear season in Oglethorpe and after digging in the regulations it appears there are a very small number of counties defined within a North, Central, and South zone. We are just below the North string of counties and Central as defined is below us.

Anyone find that strange?

Todd E

Not really @Big_Red
I hunt in a county just north of us and it is in the bear zone. No evidence of bear. OC just gets the outcasts from the north. Young males searching for a home. Nothing leads me to believe they set up camp. Everything wants to breed at some point. Nothing to breed here.

Arrow3

Not really @Big_Red
I hunt in a county just north of us and it is in the bear zone. No evidence of bear. OC just gets the outcasts from the north. Young males searching for a home. Nothing leads me to believe they set up camp. Everything wants to breed at some point. Nothing to breed here.
I had the same reaction to some of the bars in Athens in my younger years ... ?

35 Whelen

No bear season?

I‘ve had what I’m certain (trail cam) are at least two different bear ruin both of my feeders. My forester told me there is no bear season in Oglethorpe and after digging in the regulations it appears there are a very small number of counties defined within a North, Central, and South zone. We are just below the North string of counties and Central as defined is below us.

Anyone find that strange?

Northern Bear Zone - 39 counties
Central Bear Zone - 4 counties
Southern Bear Zone - 8 counties
Total - 51 counties

Arrow3

Lost one of my places today. Landowner informed me that he had sold the place and I needed to remove my stands and cameras. I appreciate him letting me hunt it but it dang sure hurts to lose it right here at prime deer season.

If any of yall want to let me hunt, I don't hunt much and I never kill anything ???

Todd E

Great seeing the non archery folks finally get out and enjoy the woods. No interest right now on my part. Other than night stuff. That is what I love doing. Did manage to meet up with some great guys and shut down the first season. I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Squeaked a few out. 20211010_203217.jpg

Triple C

Went down yesterday and mowed the lawn. Amazing how good a mixture of weeds look when mowed to the same height.
4D8E4E5A-105A-47B8-9F79-17327D9475FE.jpeg

Bush hogged one of our fields to release the clover. Planted 12 acres 3 weeks ago. All the rain last week has em looking really good.

Got a couple more ladder stands set.
424D1AAA-4E95-4B70-A229-00512C779A77.jpeg
Can’t wait to see temps in the 40s.