2021 Shrimp season

cuda67bnl

It was when I was there last week too. Think they may have been doing evaluations. There was several anchored out by the state/federal line as well.

cuda67bnl

Nice haul! Cast net?

Blackston

No sir! We were pulling a 35 ft net. We had 6 coolers total. The shrimp on the table are 1 cooler.
That’s pretty clean corn !!! My daddy tied up at Lazaretta when he had his last boat ( he’s workin on one now that’ll pull about what your pullin )

cuda67bnl

I’d like to see your setup

wag03

I don’t have any pics. My set up sucks to be honest. 19ft Carolina Skiff, 90 Yamaha, 2 doors and the net. All done by hand and back! I go with a friend most of the time. He has a 17’ walk through windshield boat with a 115 on it. His boat has a boom and a winch to pick up the bag and swing it in the boat. It works way better! Lol.

Blackston

How did your dad do yesterday?
When I said last Boat ... I meant his last shrimp boat about 12 yrs ago .. I’m a Savannah native that moved away ,Your pics took me back , I could smell the shrimp and hear the seagulls

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
No sir! We were pulling a 35 ft net. We had 6 coolers total. The shrimp on the table are 1 cooler.

If you don’t mind me asking, How much do y’all get for 6 coolers like that? Before expenses.

wag03

There were 3 of us on the boat. We headed the bigger shrimp to fill our freezers. We sold the small to mediums for 2.00 a pound. We probably had a cooler and a half of smaller shrimp.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
There were 3 of us on the boat. We headed the bigger shrimp to fill our freezers. We sold the small to mediums for 2.00 a pound. We probably had a cooler and a half of smaller shrimp.

Wish I was closer I would take some of the smaller ones. Good luck when y’all go back!!!

cuda67bnl

I want to know about the bird in your Avatar!
I’m a falconer. The 3 birds in my avatar are Harris’ Hawks. I have 2 Redtail Hawks as well. I hunt squirrels and rabbits with them.