2022 Coyote Hunt Thread

Keith Karr

15 September 2022
2 Hunters
6mm creedmoor bolt action w/thermal and 223 bolt w/thermal
Carroll County pastures and hay field cut Tuesday.
Light wind, fairly dark since the moon didn’t rise till we were about done.
Icotech call, several coyote sounds and pup distress
1 seen
0 heard
1 killed
My hunting partner Michael and I went to three spots last night. Nothing at the first two pastures.

The third was a cut hay field. When we walked up there was one already in the field maybe 150 yards away.

I set up quickly and missed him. Just couldn’t get steady.

We put the call out and a couple of minutes later she came back. Michael made a great shot at 184 yards. He redeemed me ! ?212995C5-B9DE-4567-9EC2-60EF277F6264.jpeg

sleepr71

17 September 11:30 PM.
Baldwin Co
1 Hunter
AR with Sightmark Wraith mini 4K
1 seen
1 killed
East wind,No moon,No calling.
Watching 2 freshly cut Hay Fields that we have seen Coyotes in,while cutting Hay this week. Heard one start howling in the bottom of the big field about 11:00 & waited for him to come out of the bottom,up to the big portion of the field where I was. Snuck to within 150 yds & just rested on a Hay bale. Howled & yipped a few times to see if others were nearby,but no takers. Turned out to be a Juvenile(this years Pup).F1C9EC5B-0345-43FD-9F30-4DB662368214.jpegHave been seeing one that’s GROWN while doing hay …so I’ll be back at it this week ?

chase870

Possum Sox
17 September 11:30 PM.
Baldwin Co
1 Hunter
AR with Sightmark Wraith mini 4K
1 seen
1 killed
East wind,No moon,No calling.
Watching 2 freshly cut Hay Fields that we have seen Coyotes in,while cutting Hay this week. Heard one start howling in the bottom of the big field about 11:00 & waited for him to come out of the bottom,up to the big portion of the field where I was. Snuck to within 150 yds & just rested on a Hay bale. Howled & yipped a few times to see if others were nearby,but no takers. Turned out to be a Juvenile(this years Pup).View attachment 1177277Have been seeing one that’s GROWN while doing hay …so I’ll be back at it this week ?

Nice, surprised there was only one pup.

Keith Karr

16 September 2022
3 Hunters
6mm creedmoor bolt action w/thermal and 223 bolt w/thermal
Haralson County pasture and small fields
Very calm wind
Icotech and Foxpro call - several coyote sounds, pup distress and rabbit
2 seen
Heard some way off in the distance on first set
0 killed
2 missed

My youngest son Chris went with Michael and I. Nothing on the first set. Second set Chris missed one at around 120 yard. It was his first hunt and first time ever shooting off a tripod.

I missed one on the last set at 260 yards. Probably should have held a little high on it….may have shot low.

chase870

Possum Sox
18 Sept 22
2 Hunters
AR 15 / 22-250 both with thermal
Jasper County hay fields
Dark warm light wind
Ichtech call distress sounds and coyote vocals
1 group heard
0 seen
0 killed

First hunt on this property. The owner says he has a pig problem and that was the primary target. Trust me he does not have a pig problem, he did however have a Armadillo problem and we worked on that pretty hard.

chase870

Possum Sox
18 September 22
1 Hunter
220 Swift with Thermal
Barrow County Pasture with cows
Dark light breeze to none at all fog was starting to get bad
Ichotech call Male and Female Howls Jack Rabbit and pup distress
0 heard
1 seen
0 killed

Stopped by a place I hunt on the way home from Jasper County for a set. Had a yote come in behind me at the 40 min mark, the cows gave him away. He was probably 200 yards plus, not sure the range finder died. I think I made a noise, and it spooked him, he stopped broad side and I missed. A big disappointment I have been in a dry spell and that one should have broken the ice.

Keith Karr

20 September 2022
1 Hunter
6mm creedmoor bolt action with thermal
Carroll County hay field cut today. It’s a 50 acre field with about 30 in hay and the lower 20 along the river in pasture with cows.
Calm, dark and very foggy. I guess the light shower we had this morning caused the fog.
Foxpro X24 call, vole squeak and rabbit distress
1 seen
0 heard
1 killed

This field is across the road from my house so I road my electric cart over. Opened the gate at about 8:45 and pulled around behind the barn. One was in the field mousing around. I had to turn my scope on and rested my gun across the windshield that was folded down. Was about 100-120 yard shot. It was a young female.

After about 30 minutes of scanning the field I moved to about mid field and did a little calling. Saw one deer and the neighbors house cats.

I killed a big male in this field in May.
73CDF696-B374-429C-82BE-809C2A971E74.jpeg

chase870

Possum Sox
27Sept 22
1 Hunter
220 Swift with thermal
barrow county hay field
cool and breezy dark no moon
ICHOTECH Call Male, Female howls, mature cottontail distress
0 heard
0 seen
0 killed

Cool weather forced my to hunt a set tonight. Hunted a place that has produced well in the past but I guess the yotes had other things on their mind. I hear some dogs on this property if not see some pretty consistently, not sure where they were tonight

chase870

Possum Sox
7 Oct 22
3 Hunters
AR 15's / 220 Swift with thermal
Jackson County pastures with cows
steady wind very bright moon and cool
Ichotech call howls pup, cotton tail, and jack rabbit distress
6 or more heard
0 seen
0 killed
Took two guys last night to my farm in Jackson County. I heard several yotes walking into the first set, and every neighbor's dog. I had yotes on both sides of me respond to howls but never showed up. The one on my left side sounded like a old Alpha male probably won't see him till breeding time I doubt he's goanna be easy to kill till then, he just sounded like he isn't going to put up with another male in his area.

Yotedawg

10/10/22
3 hunters
6 creeds and .243 w/thermal and nv
Grady county pastures and fields
65° light breeze
3 heard
7 seen
3 killed

The Predator Outlaws have not been out since February. Life has gotten in the way. As it is turning a little cooler we had to scratch that itch. Called in a total of seven with three confirmed kills and one we rolled up but he made it to the woods. Tony Tebbe vocals were on fire. Glad to see we haven’t lost our touch.

Attachments

• C0A962E2-29BE-4B20-B5CD-5B0C3984DD6D.jpeg
    C0A962E2-29BE-4B20-B5CD-5B0C3984DD6D.jpeg
    251.8 KB · Views: 5

2dye4

10/10/22
3 hunters
65° light breeze
3 heard
7 seen
3 killed

The Predator Outlaws have not been out since February. Life has gotten in the way. As it is turning a little cooler we had to scratch that itch. Called in a total of seven with three confirmed kills and one we rolled up but he made it to the woods. Tony Tebbe vocals were on fire. Glad to see we haven’t lost our touch.
Great job guys. Keep laying them down.

chase870

Possum Sox
10/10/22
3 hunters
65° light breeze
3 heard
7 seen
3 killed

Nice

chase870

Possum Sox
11 October 2022
1 Hunter
220 Swift with thermal
Barrow County pastures with cows
full moon windy clouds moving so moon light was off and on
Ichotech call howls and death cries
0 heard
2 seen
1 killed

First set was a zero almost gave up due to wind and moon light. I talked myself into the second set, figured I might as well hunt another set since I was there, and the day is coming when the property will be developed. I had two come behind me and I shot the female. She got to spinning and biting and bit her leg, she actually stuck the fang into the bone. Never had one bite themselves and stick the fang into the bone. It was impressive.
https://rumble.com/v1nr1so-couldnt-let-it-go.html

Attachments

• IMG_6123.JPG
    IMG_6123.JPG
    227.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_6116.JPG
    IMG_6116.JPG
    281 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6107.JPG
    IMG_6107.JPG
    291.9 KB · Views: 16

Yotedawg

10/13/22
2 hunters
243 & 6creed with thermal and nv
North Grady county fields
Light wind 63°
MFK, Tony Tebbe vocals
5 heard
2 seen
1 killed

The Predator Outlaws got out for a few sets before midnight. Very slow till the moon got up, but we got it done with this young male. Another south Georgia dawg down.

Attachments

• 33B596AF-12F9-474C-B999-7469B4EC6636.jpeg
    33B596AF-12F9-474C-B999-7469B4EC6636.jpeg
    348.5 KB · Views: 7

chase870

Possum Sox
10/13/22
2 hunters
243 & 6creed with thermal and nv
North Grady county fields
Light wind 63°
MFK, Tony Tebbe vocals
5 heard
2 seen
1 killed

The Predator Outlaws got out for a few sets before midnight. Very slow till the moon got up, but we got it done with this young male. Another south Georgia dawg down.

Nice, You seem to have great success with the MFK calls. I'm fixing to have them out on my shockwave and give them a try.

Yotedawg

We do have success with them and Tony Tebbe sounds. Their vocals really get the dawgs fired up.

chase870

Possum Sox
15 October 22
1 Hunter
220 Swift with thermal
Barrow County Pasture
light wind shifted and blew from almost every direction
Ichotech call male and female howls, cotton tail, pup distress
0 heard
0 seen
0 killed