2023 official Turkey Challenge Smack Talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
well got all da kern feeders at club put up today.
No signs of any turkeys
I saw what MAAAAAY be some scratches...but then again I caint tell between a turkey scratch and an armidiller scratch

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
I know it poured last night so tracks were washed away but not seein no tracks all day, no turkey run cross the road, and didn't hear no gobbles is discouragin.

Bubba_1122

Going coastal to try n catch a redfish or two this week. Went ahead and gathered up my turkey hunting equipment today so will be ready to go for youth day.

Had a pretty big challenge come up. I think my battery for my Ozonics has gone bad. Can’t get it to charge.Not sure will get to use it and if not don’t know that I really need to take my grandson. Deck would be stacked against us way too much and he’d be pretty disappointed.

Would very likely we’d get busted if one came in from in down wind.

What do y’all think? Should we give it a try anyways?

:cool:

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Going coastal to try n catch a redfish or two this week. Went ahead and gathered up my turkey hunting equipment today so will be ready to go for youth day.

Had a pretty big challenge come up. I think my battery for my Ozonics has gone bad. Can’t get it to charge.Not sure will get to use it and if not don’t know that I really need to take my grandson. Deck would be stacked against us way too much and he’d be pretty disappointed.

Would very likely we’d get busted if one came in from in down wind.

What do y’all think? Should we give it a try anyways?

:cool:
If u know someone with chickens. May want to get some poo and put on your hunting clothes. The fresher the better. Cover scent !Sorry to here about your Ozonic. Hunt the wind.
I’d go.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I’ve been making fake strutt zones. Been dragging turkey wings in sandy roads. Then the rain came and had to do it again.

Bubba_1122

I’ve been making fake strutt zones. Been dragging turkey wings in sandy roads. Then the rain came and had to do it again.
Yea. I really believe in hunting sign so have been pressing 3 little pine sticks in the sand to make fake turkey tracks.

I’m thinking it should really help lure em in.

Hoping it’ll help my team do well in the challenge.

Still, I’m a little concerned about no Ozonics headed into the season. Don’t wanna get busted by a bird that’s down wind.

Last edited:

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Yea. I really believe in hunting sign so have been pressing 3 little pine sticks in the sand to make fake turkey tracks.

I’m thinking it should really help lure em in.

Hoping it’ll help my team do well in the challenge.

Still, I’m a little concerned about no Ozonics headed into the season. Don’t wanna get busted by a bird that’s down wind.
I’d probably just get me a new battery !

Bubba_1122

I’d probably just get me a new battery !
That ain’t a bad idea, though I imagine that this close to the season it might not be that simple.

Probably like strikers. I got a bad habit of sticking em in the top of my boots after I do some calling on the Pecker Wrecker n the Mistress. Then I get up n go walking n the fall outta my boots. Jump slap out the top of em.

Looking through my turkey stuff today and my dang Manitoba Ebony striker’s missing along with the Purple Heart n the Diamond wood striker.
And I looked around town and there ain’t a decent striker to be bought. Looked online and stock is very limited. Just too close to turkey season for folks to have em in stock.
May have to just pick a tree n whittle a stick.
And given the high priority of Ozonics while hunting the wild turkey I’d expect the same type situation given that we’re so close to the opener. Cept I can’t whittle up no battry.

Last edited:

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
That ain’t a bad idea, though I imagine that this close to the season it might not be that simple.

Probably like strikers. I got a bad habit of sticking em in the top of my boots after I do some calling on the Pecker Wrecker n the Mistress. Then I get up n go walking n the fall outta my boots. Jump slap out the top of em.

Looking through my turkey stuff today and my dang Manitoba Ebony striker’s missing along with the Purple Heart n the Diamond wood striker.
And I looked around town and there ain’t a decent striker to be bought. Looked online and stock is very limited. Just too close to turkey season for folks to have em in stock.
May have to just pick a tree n whittle a stick.
And given the high priority of Ozonics while hunting the wild turkey I’d expect the same type situation given that we’re so close to the opener. Cept I can’t whittle up no battry.
I’d just stay at the coast if I was you

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Teams loaded, err I mean drawn yet?

That's when the true smack begins

Status
Not open for further replies.