22 LR. Walmart has a GOOD supply of Federal AUTOMATCH pretty cheap.

Big7

The Oracle
Walmart has a GOOD supply of Federal 40gr AUTOMATCH @ $21.16 per 325 rounds. I got 5 boxes and might go get some more.

Been paying a lot more for off brand stuff lately- if I could even find any. facepalm:20220425_145158.jpg20220425_131956.jpg20220425_131940.jpg

Last edited:

RamblinWreck88

Useles Billy ain’t got nothing on ME !
Good price. I haven't seen anything around or below 6.5 CPR in a LONG time.

Big7

The Oracle
Me neither
Good price. I haven't seen anything around or below 6.5 CPR in a LONG time.

$50.00 per 500 or single boxes of 50 for $4+ is what I been seeing.

RamblinWreck88

Useles Billy ain’t got nothing on ME !
Me neither

$50.00 per 500 or single boxes of 50 for $4+ is what I been seeing.
I see Remington Thunderbolts for ~$40/500 and Winchesters for ~$30/325 at BPS Lawrenceville. And I should correct my earlier statement: A few weeks ago, I did see Herter's for ~$32/500 at BPS. Haven't seen anything much better than that in smaller stores, either.

Last edited:

Hillbilly stalker

I've bought several boxes of that Federal, none of my .22's like it at all. If you buy the little camo colored milk carton looking cci's, be aware they are poly coated. I open the box and noticed some are green, some are black and some are normal brass colored. I know people used to hate that poly coating in centerfire rifles, claimed it gooed up the barrels and they lost accuracy.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I've bought several boxes of that Federal, none of my .22's like it at all. If you buy the little camo colored milk carton looking cci's, be aware they are poly coated. I open the box and noticed some are green, some are black and some are normal brass colored. I know people used to hate that poly coating in centerfire rifles, claimed it gooed up the barrels and they lost accuracy.
Never had any issues with Federal. CCI, or Winchester .22s. Remingtons are crap. about 20% don't go off, and they shoot about a 5" group at 50'.

menhadenman

That is great ammo. All my .22s love it. And they all go bang.

I've got a good stockpile of that exact ammo and agree with NCH - it's tough to beat for plinkin ammo across many makes and models of 22s. Also agree on Remington Thunderbolts... garbage that I won't pay for even in 2018 pricing.

Thanks for sharing @Big7 I'll have to drop in to mine and see if they have any.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I've got a good stockpile of that exact ammo and agree with NCH - it's tough to beat for plinkin ammo across many makes and models of 22s. Also agree on Remington Thunderbolts... garbage that I won't pay for even in 2018 pricing.

Thanks for sharing @Big7 I'll have to drop in to mine and see if they have any.
Great for popping squirrels in the noggin, too. You can't beat 40 grain lead roundnoses.

Big7

The Oracle
Great, time to hoard again . . :rolleyes:
Yeah.. It is.
:cheers:
Somebody will hoard. Might as well be me.

I was "hoarded" up pretty good in the pre- o- bummer run on ammo in 2007. Thought I had a lifetime supply. Lost a few 10's of thousands of rounds in various calibers.

Heck.. I remember having 100 of 50bx CCI Stinger's alone. They are super expensive now and I have only seen them on line. None in stores.

Won't ever keep more than 1/4 of my stash at any one place again. Learned a very, very expensive lesson that time.

Last edited:

Red350SS

Walmart has...I'm sorry, I will wait and willingly pay more. Your milage may vary. I haven't set foot in a Walmart in 3 years (pre covid) and will not do so now. I have my own principles.

sleepr71

Academy is getting Winchester & Remington bricks back on the shelves. Both varieties are plain Jane,standard velocity,plinking Ammo. Still 8-9cent/round….I just can’t pay that for cheap quality 22LR…especially Remington T-Bolts…nope…:waggingfinger:

snuffy

I have been shooting Aguila Super Extra's I have been buying at Academy.
Around $20.00 per 250.

They shoot good in MY guns.

menhadenman

I have been shooting Aguila Super Extra's I have been buying at Academy.
Around $20.00 per 250.

They shoot good in MY guns.

The Aguilla 22s are crazy accurate based on the testing I’ve done. Not as expensive as the high end stuff but not as cheap as stuff you let the kids run wild with.

killerv

It's always ran fine in all my autos, just not very accurate. I pick up a box for the kids on occasion.

Waiting on cci standards to hit 40 bucks a brick again, then I'll start buying again.