.22 WMR ammo suggestion

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I think any .22 Mag ammo will punch a hole in both lungs with a broad side shot in the arm pit.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I have CCI TMJ hollow points and just got a box of 30gr v max for the wheel gun......she likes it!

Mattval

Y'all I found 40 gr JSP online. $35.95+$19.99 shipping. I just could not do it for that price. I regret that I did not pull the trigger on it.

Mattval

Ok I did it! I just spent $64.66 on 50 rounds of 22 Mag! I do not feel good about it. But I want to go hunting as soon as I kick this Pneumonia.

That is $1.29 a shot!

Oh My Gravy!

chrislibby88

I use the 40 gr CCI gamepoints. They work good for me. YMMV
I like the game points too. A lot of folks shoot fMJ or lead solids, but I like some expansion. You get a little wiggle room on shot placement. I still get more than enough penetration too. Pigs under 100lbs get shot behind the shoulder (I get full penetration and a good exit wound on small pigs), larger pigs between the eye and ear. I wouldn’t shoot a 200 pounder in the shoulder though.

Blackston

Ok I did it! I just spent $64.66 on 50 rounds of 22 Mag! I do not feel good about it. But I want to go hunting as soon as I kick this Pneumonia.

That is $1.29 a shot!

Oh My Gravy!
Gun with no ammo is basically a paper weight or a hammer ?... gotta do what ya gotta do!!!

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova

That is $1.29 a shot!

Oh My Gravy!

Omg, I don't want you or anybody to feel bad but I did a partial inventory this afternoon and I REALLY FELT BAD FOR YOU THEN. HOWEVER, I surely felt a lot better for ME afterwards as I only checked bullets and haven't completely checked on shotgun shell inventory amounts yet. I started checking the totals after I glanced at this thread earlier today.

I was shocked at the price that you had to pay for your bullets. :banginghe:banginghe:banginghe

I still have two 50-round boxes of Winchester 22 Mag, JHP that I bought from "ROSES" back several years ago and the still attached price sticker shows $ 5.97 per box on each. (Unknown Date as I did not write the date on the box).

I use those in my Colt Frontier Scout with my 22 Magnum cylinder when I am checking my trail cameras more so and always during the warmer weather as I load it with two "Snake-shot" round and then three JHP bullets. I use the empty chamber for the trigger position as I am walking and since it is a single action, when I actually pull the trigger, the next round automatically indexes and the round fires.

I also bought a two boxes, CCI, 20-round/box , 22 Mag "Shot-shell" cartridges from Cabelas that cost $5.47 per box. (Unknown purchase date on these two boxes but believed to be 4/21/2014 as Cabelas had just opened 4 weeks earlier and they had some really great sales at the time. I still have a lot of inventory of various calibers that is marked with that date and cost prices written on them as well.

Since Cabelas came to town, I have spent mucho hundreds of $$$$$ on ammunition and especially beginning in late March of 2014 when they first opened and continuing rather heavily during 2015 and 2016, and I have continued with buying boots, more trail cameras, scopes, more boots, clothing, and several other things as well from them as well. I have probably spent northward of $5000 so far with them since they opened on March 20, 2014. A large portion of that was for trail cameras back when they had great sales on WGI cameras as that is the only brand that I have used. I ordered them online as they were shipped to the store for my pick-up and it worked great because I always bought something else when I went in the store to pick up my shipments.

Last edited:

Mattval

Omg, I don't want you or anybody to feel bad but I did a partial inventory this afternoon and I REALLY FELT BAD FOR YOU THEN. HOWEVER, I surely felt a lot better for ME afterwards as I only checked bullets and haven't completely checked on shotgun shell inventory amounts yet. I started checking the totals after I glanced at this thread earlier today.

I was shocked at the price that you had to pay for your bullets. :banginghe:banginghe:banginghe

I still have two 50-round boxes of Winchester JHP that I bought from "ROSES" back several years ago and the still attached price sticker shows $ 5.97 per box on each. (Unknown Date as I did not write the date on the box).

I use those in my Colt Frontier Scout when I am checking my trail cameras more so and always during the warmer weather as I load it with two "Snake-shot" round and then three JHP bullets. I use the empty chamber for the trigger position as I am walking and since it is a single action, when I actually pull the trigger, the next round automatically indexes and the round fires.

I also bought a two boxes, CCI, 20-round/box , 22 Mag "Shot-shell" cartridges from Cabelas that cost $5.47 per box. (Unknown purchase date on these two boxes but believed to be 4/21/2014 as Cabelas had just opened 4 weeks earlier and they had some really great sales at the time. I still have a lot of inventory of various calibers that is marked with that date and cost prices written on them as well.

Since Cabelas came to town, I have spent mucho hundreds of $$$$$ on ammunition and especially beginning in late March of 2014 when they first opened and continuing rather heavily during 2015 and 2016, and I have continued with buying boots, more trail cameras, scopes, more boots, clothing, and several other things as well from them as well. I have probably spent northward of $5000 so far with them since they opened on March 20, 2014. A large portion of that was for trail cameras back when they had great sales on WGI cameras as that is the only brand that I have used. I ordered them online as they were shipped to the store for my pick-up and it worked great because I always bought something else when I went in the store to pick up my shipments.
I remember Roses. Are you up in Augusta?

Raylander

I’m Billy’s Useles Uncle.
I like the game points too. A lot of folks shoot fMJ or lead solids, but I like some expansion. You get a little wiggle room on shot placement. I still get more than enough penetration too. Pigs under 100lbs get shot behind the shoulder (I get full penetration and a good exit wound on small pigs), larger pigs between the eye and ear. I wouldn’t shoot a 200 pounder in the shoulder though.

Agreed. I love the GPs. They are very accurate out of my Ruger American. I’ve always gone headshot. I flubbed a shot one time, hit about 4-5” back, right in the neck. I tracked it with sporadic blood all across the county. Eventually came upto a very tall cliff. I swear that thing jumped off the cliff ??‍ We never found that rascal..

Last edited:

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
I remember Roses. Are you up in Augusta?

Yes, I live in Augusta but I hunt on my property up in Lincoln County.

Shucks, I recently looked at various ammunition and firearms that I have bought over the years, I realized that I had bought both guns and ammunition from Academy Sports, Southeastern Amory, Sidney's Department Store, Sander's Gun Shop, Bower's, Sky City, Roses, K-Mart, Ace Hardware, Cabelas, Walden Firearms, The Gun Cabinet, Widener Firearms, Walmart, and even Western Auto Store in Lincolnton, Ga. I also have purchased several firearms and ammunition from individuals that were members ON THIS GON WEBSITE as well and everything worked out perfectly as we handled the paperwork for transfer of ownership in a legal manner that protected both the seller and buyer as well.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I just bought 7.62 rounds for the .308. 4 boxes for $117 to the door. I was gonna get 2, but shipping didn’t really change so I got 4. At 165gr they are the weight I wanted, I pray they shoot well or I just wasted $. My bud just spent $120 on 2-20rd boxes of .308 at a pawn shop in LS......if my gun don’t like those 7.62s I’ll get one of his boxes:wink: