223 ?

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Is this a good varmit round like hogs and coyotes?
Not worried if a big hog runs off a bit. I’ll hit him behind the shield if at over 100 yds. May try the head. I bet it will work on a coon !?
I got 125 rounds to last the summer. 4EE4A01F-DBF2-40DE-920F-4BF752B29907.jpeg47A460ED-7023-4D74-A3F5-CA8B0EEC772F.jpeg

bluemarlin

You're good to go.
I like a little heavier grain medicine but those jokers don't stand a chance w what you got.

If your gun is sighted in for that round just get out there and hunt.
Have fun

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Might not be a legal firearm for a raccoon.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I’ve got the heavier 95 grain Hornady hollow points. Just trying to save what I got of them. Will sight in at 100 about 1/2” high. Don’t plan on shooting out past 150.

Reactions: Dub

trial&error

I'm not a fan of hollowpoints or plastic tips when looking for penetration and recovery, but it will kill them. I need a good blood trail to follow so i want an exit every time.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I'm not a fan of hollowpoints or plastic tips when looking for penetration and recovery, but it will kill them. I need a good blood trail to follow so i want an exit every time.
This year I’ve killed several big hogs at 100 yds with the 95 grain hollow points none went over 40 ty yard max. Most shorter than that. Lung shot. Not sure about a pass thru. On the biggest one. But fell dead quick. I’m down to my last 40 ty on them. this bullet is almost half the weight. so I’m going to give it a try. got 125 of them. Mostly wondering if anyone has used them. Will find out this spring.

Lilly001

If you are shooting 95 grain bullets well you probably have a fast twist barrel.
the lighter bullets might not shoot as well.

stonecreek

I bought a box of Fiocchi in 6.5 and they worked fine on hogs. Always thought of them as a low end shotgun shell. But with the limitations on ammo and pricing I was not picky