.243 information needed

Hogtown

I just purchased a Tikka T-3 in 243. I plan on using it as my "pest rifle". I will mainly be shooting hogs and coyotes; however, fox, bobcat, coon, beaver etc... may also be on the menu. I've never owned a 243 and would appreciate any input ya'll have regarding the cartridges you prefer. I have had people tell me the 95 grain Partitions were the way to go while others have sworn by the Sierra Gameking. I will end up trying 4 or 5 different loads, but I want to start with the best candiates. Thanks.

REMINGTON710

Hogtown said:
I just purchased a Tikka T-3 in 243. I plan on using it as my "pest rifle". I will mainly be shooting hogs and coyotes; however, fox, bobcat, coon, beaver etc... may also be on the menu. I've never owned a 243 and would appreciate any input ya'll have regarding the cartridges you prefer. I have had people tell me the 95 grain Partitions were the way to go while others have sworn by the Sierra Gameking. I will end up trying 4 or 5 different loads, but I want to start with the best candiates. Thanks.

winchester 90 grain cpx 2 works great on deer and coyotes

Duck

I use the Winchester 80 grain CXP1 for varmits in my 243.:clap: They are accurate too!:banana:

Eddy M.

GONetwork Member
winchester 100gr power points have been very accurate and deadly for me for years now as good as my 100gr-105 gr re-loads have been so I switched to them

Hogtown

Thanks for the input. Looks like a ya'll like Winchester in the 80 to 100 grain size. That strikes me as something that will work well with the 1:10 twist in my rifle. I appreciate the input.

duckbill

I load the 95gr Partition in mine. I feel confident with it on anything in the southeast.

REMINGTON710

the cpx win will tear up so yotes