270 Ammo

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I seriously don't understand why anybody would not have had enough to do them the rest of their life already anyhow. It was readily available and reasonably priced before everybody went crazy for it. That was the time to stock up on it.

Eveyones circumstance is different, but Obama made a believer out of me.
I sold off my odd caliber guns, I have two center fires, .22, and two pistol calibers.
I’m well provisioned in those from buying pre-madness and have reloading supplies for them as well.

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
I sold off my odd caliber guns, I have two center fires, .22, and two pistol calibers.
I’m well provisioned in those from buying pre-madness and have reloading supplies for them as well.

Yep, got caught short after Sandy Hook. Sold off most of my deer rifles, kept my 30-06, .444 and 30-30, kept my .45's sold the rest. Used the money to buy ammo. I have enough ammo salted away now to last two lifetimes.

Well, except 10mm which I bought this year.:banginghe

spencer12

I got a box of hornady ammo for my .308 on cheaper than dirt.com a couple weeks ago. I checked again last week and they still had some in stock. Can check there I’m sure they have some .270s to be had.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I got a box of hornady ammo for my .308 on cheaper than dirt.com a couple weeks ago. I checked again last week and they still had some in stock. Can check there I’m sure they have some .270s to be had.

I checked and they are out of 270Win.

SC Hunter

People that are waiting until the week before deer season to buy a box of ammo these days have lost their mind!!

Anytime I'm buying ammo and find what I want I buy numerous boxes not just 1. As long as I can afford ammo I'm going to continue to buy ammo and just stack it up for the kids to shoot later in life.

That 270 ammo somebody posted at midway is not a bad price, if I still had a 270 I'd buy several boxes. My main focus on ammo lately is 30-06, 7mm-08 and 243 just stacking as much as I can when I see decent prices.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Ammo does not last long, but its out there.
Those that think there going to go to the local store a couple weeks before season and get what they need will be grossly disappointed.
They’ve had a year to get it

I could quote Furio from the sopranos on this type of situation but it’s prohibited here

earlthegoat2

Same here. Invested in 450 Bushmaster mostly as my primary center fire and have a few others for funsies. Ammo stacked deep and plenty of reloading supplies even though I typically don’t reload.

I sure am glad I've always bought ammo during the year for 270 and 308.
I've done alot of bench shooting with the rifles I hunt with through the years. Thats what got me into buying 3,4,5 boxes at the time years ago. That's built up to be a good amount of everything in my cabinet. Paid off last year when all these shortages and price increases came. I stopped doing much range shooting last year, so I'll have bullets for a while.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Yep, got caught short after Sandy Hook. Sold off most of my deer rifles, kept my 30-06, .444 and 30-30, kept my .45's sold the rest. Used the money to buy ammo. I have enough ammo salted away now to last two lifetimes.

Well, except 10mm which I bought this year.:banginghe

I sold everything but .308, .223/5.56, 9MM and .380. I’ve had a couple itches but restrained myself until times get better.

I’m well stocked and figure in a worst case those are easily scavenged calibers.

Ugahunter2013

When do y'all think, if ever, ammo availability and pricing will get back to somewhat "normal"?

Hillbilly stalker

People talk about hoarding (I’m against it) and yet there are some prime examples on here. We need to practice what we preach. We are shooting ourselves in the foot.

lungbuster123

Never thought I'd see paying $80 for two boxes of basic soft point .270 rounds. I've got enough to hold me over, but I wasn't in a financial situation the last few years to stock pile it.

hikingthehills

People talk about hoarding (I’m against it) and yet there are some prime examples on here. We need to practice what we preach. We are shooting ourselves in the foot.
The difference is I was hoarding way before the panic. Obama 08 learned me. Now my feet are propped up while everyone else is paying 4 times what I did and I can still go to the range regularly with no fear of running out.