29/52 Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Browtine

Sorry I'm a bit late on tonight's thread. Was having so much fun with the kids this evening I almost forgot to even post it! :D Remembered just now after getting them to bed. Anyway, here we go...

The theme this week is:

SMOKE

That should be an interesting one to try and shoot for. I have an idea what a couple of you might post, and I can't wait to see them if I'm right. I have no idea what I'll try to shoot for this one so I've got some brain rackin' to do... Maybe I can catch a shot of the smoke that comes out of my ears when I think too hard! ::ke:

And again with the formal stuff...

Time frame for taking and submitting your photo is between the posting of this thread and next Monday at 8:00 PM. Photos taken outside that time frame are not eligible for submission to the challenge thread and will be removed. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

FERAL ONE

Shutter Mushin' Mod
alright chris, gonna have to try to think a bit on this one !!!

Crickett

Little Lady
Can I play:banana::banana:

Ha..Ha!!! I knew you'd be itchin' to get in on this one when I saw the theme.

Can't wait to see what everybody comes up w/ for this week. Maybe I will have time to join in on this one once my orders are caught up.

FERAL ONE

Shutter Mushin' Mod
i love smoke shots but thought i would try to get out of my realm of comfort for the topic. i really wanted to try to get a pic of the bubble bursting but i liked this one showing the BB bouncing back up out of the bubble trailing the soap solution. the bubble is filled with smoke and i did not realize it was so darn hard to pop a bubble !!!! this is with both sb600s fired remotely from the sides and with the 105 macro lens. black bg and black plate with soap solution. i used a turkey baster to suck up the smoke and blow the bubble.

Attachments

• CMF_9793 copy.jpg
    CMF_9793 copy.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 318

Niner

Wow! Awesome pics. I have a smoky shot in mind....but you guys are at a whole 'nuther level than I am. But then, that's what attracted me to this forum. As we used to say in the Navy....Bravo Zulu.

I gotta wait until this weather breaks for the shot I have in mind.

wvdawg

Staff member
Smoke

This stuff is hard to pour!

Attachments

• 038 copy (600 x 600).jpg
    038 copy (600 x 600).jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 275

carver

cool shots guys

Crickett

Little Lady
Great shots y'all! Very creative!

Anybody want to share any tips on how to shoot smoke? Do I need a dark room w/ only a flash? Or do I need to use a lamp?:huh: I'm clueless on this one. :O

Topwater

Smoke

I found out tonight that smoke photography is hard to do. I will keep trying, but next time in the garage. I filled the house up with the smell of incense.

Attachments

• 1 smoke.jpg
    1 smoke.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 231

wvdawg

Staff member
I found out tonight that smoke photography is hard to do. I will keep trying, but next time in the garage. I filled the house up with the smell of incense.

And it lingers a while! You got a great shot though!

toyota4x4h

I set this up alittle after I read that forum post you guys posted. This was my first attempts at smoke..this was the best one I got! :cool:

IMG_5467.jpg

LOVEMYLABXS

Darn near a pack of smokes to get this but got to THANK DRB for the idea for the idea of the dark background. It tok a bunch of shots to get this shot

Attachments

• wk29 Smoke.jpg
    wk29 Smoke.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 207

Niner

Well this the best that I got. I should try setting up the "dark room" thingy like y'all suggested. Anyways....I was cookin' up a pizza on the ol' Weber and took advantage of the opportunity to try capturing some of the smoke.

Attachments

• smokin.JPG
    smokin.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 199
Status
Not open for further replies.