2nd Corinthians 12:9

StriperAddict

2 Corinthians 12:9 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
9 And He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.” Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast [a]about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.

♡ My thoughts today on this incredible passage in Corinthians:
--------------------------
Who chooses weakness above strength? Don't we do all we can to avoid or even cover up our stumblings and wayward thought pitfalls?

Yet aren't we learning that grace is championed thru weakness? Isn't this what Paul learned with that pesky thorn?

Time to take heart in God at His best when we are at our worst. In my worst He has grace and perfect power. He loves me waaay too much to not bring His best when I am at my weakest.

The pitfalls, valleys, temptations that we encounter in life are the place where God's children are shaped, refined and redefined to their new identity in Jesus Christ.

It is the place where our confidence in a life of self-sufficiency and human effort/dependency are made weak so that we might find our strength in the life of Jesus within. We won't always find God on the plateaus of cooshy times and good circumstances, rather ... Jesus is being revealed in and through us as we rest, trust and depend on Him in those moments of pain and isolation.

His grace is more than enough for me and more than enough for anyone who seeks and finds Him in those weak, dark and hurtful places in life. We just may find a gem or two in the thicket!

His grace sufficient in my weakness? Then yes, I'll choose Christ for 2019, Alex.

#jepodaryhumor
#2Corinthianstwelve9
#nojamtoohardforJesus
#dependence
#truerest
#Hisgraceissufficient

StriperAddict

Revisited this due to some struggles lately. Found an additional post on the subject from Ralph Harris. (www.ralphharris.org)
Good reminder ...
---------------------------------------------------

Weaknesses are frustrating and sickly things in which to offer yourself to Jesus, not strongholds for you to conquer. May I remind you that your days are about knowing Jesus with you and in you, and how perfectly capable and wonderful He is in the place where He is happiest to be—in you?

2 Corinthians 12:9 But Jesus said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.
10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Jesus is the antidote for weakness because He takes the hate out of it, He takes the poison and uselessness out of it because He shows up in it. He jumps on the stage inside of you and says, “Here I am! I am the one for this, and I am with you. I find no fault with you! Have you forgotten that I am easy to be with and gentle with you? I’m not here to ever put burdens upon you, I’m here to remove them! I am and will always be all about rest with you. You can count on it.”

Matthew 11:28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

If you want strength and rest today, consider avoiding the temptation to figure it all out and how to “get there”, and instead have a talk with Jesus. He is your freedom. He is your perfect starting point.