2nd point...a little better

bigox911

I finally got a better looking biface knocked off and here's what I ended up with. Still using the same tools.

IMG_2643.jpg

IMG_2645.jpg

Now the comparison...guess which one is my first and which is my second :bounce:

IMG_2646.jpg

bigox911

Good job, Ox! How do your hands look?

Not too bad...some how my knuckle started bleeding...not to sure how still. Also I should have remembered the slice in my finger tip from last night BEFORE I cut up the onion for supper :hair:

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
You are proceedin` just fine. When you get tired, stop and take a break. If youn get to a point where you get nervous about breakin` it, quit, lay it down for a day or two.

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
looking good Ox! Listen to these guys, they'll steer ya right! :cool:

choctawlb

Get rid of them flat edges, they are impeding your progress. Use zig-zag flaking to do it. You are coming along just fine there OX.
Ken

threeleggedpigmy

Mod
Staff member
Looking Good Ox

bigox911

Get rid of them flat edges, they are impeding your progress. Use zig-zag flaking to do it. You are coming along just fine there OX.
Ken

Thanks for the advice. Are you talking about the flat edge below...circled in red?

Edge.jpg

If so, there's a hinge where the arrow is pointing...Is that where I would apply pressure to flake that part off? Thanks so much for the input.

Hinge.jpg

Nugefan

I think on the base it what Ken is talkin' about ...

nice work Dude ......

no more blood ???? :bounce:

bigox911

Just this from this past Sat. evening when I was practicing keeping that centerline centered :bounce:

I'm ordering proper tools very soon and won't be workin too much rock till I get them in :bounce:
IMG_2657.jpg

Handgunner

Just this from this past Sat. evening when I was practicing keeping that centerline centered :bounce:

I'm ordering proper tools very soon and won't be workin too much rock till I get them in :bounce:
IMG_2657.jpg
Yes... there will be blood .. .:bounce:

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
Ox, you need better tools!! Cut you the tine off a deer antler, or cut you off a shovel handle and stick a piece of hard drawn # 6 copper in it. File the copper to a needle tip and go to work.

Like them blooded pics!! :D

bigox911

Handgunner said:
Yes... there will be blood .. .:bounce:

:whip: :bounce:

Ox, you need better tools!! Cut you the tine off a deer antler, or cut you off a shovel handle and stick a piece of hard drawn # 6 copper in it. File the copper to a needle tip and go to work.

Like them blooded pics!! :D

You're preachin to the choir Nick...I should have some racks to work on this weekend and copper later this week or early next!

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
Ox, are you comin` to the Outdoor Blast?

bigox911

When is it Nick...I haven't seen a thread for it yet :huh: