3-21,Down syndrome day

plumber_1969

Buddy, you have naturally brought a tear to my eye reading this and seeing those pictures. My mom was the 18th of 19 children. Her youngest brother, my uncle, was born with downs syndrome and for whatever reason, it was called mongoloid back in those days. Your daughter is beautiful.

Mauser

Buddy, you have naturally brought a tear to my eye reading this and seeing those pictures. My mom was the 18th of 19 children. Her youngest brother, my uncle, was born with downs syndrome and for whatever reason, it was called mongoloid back in those days. Your daughter is beautiful.
Thank you sir! I wish everyone could experience the joy,love,and happiness that they bring to everyone around them. We are so thankful that the only health problem she has is hypothyroidism. The early intervention and therapy’s starting at 6 months old has made worlds of difference in what these kids can do.

ghadarits

What a cutie pie!!! I can’t believe I’ve missed this thread!! Special needs kids have my heart and always have. Just this week my wife and I were fortunate enough to take a friend and his daughter (She’s a woman by her own description) who’s softball team were the Braves this spring to her first ballgame at the new Braves ballpark. Love that girl she’s full of love and honest opinions which I really appreciate. You always know where Brandi stands on any subject. I would also like to add a note about how over the top the Braves staff were with here. Each and everyone were class acts going out of their way to make Brandi’s night special.

Attachments

• 6F27CFAC-CB96-42C0-9147-16C4DBD67FAD.jpeg
    6F27CFAC-CB96-42C0-9147-16C4DBD67FAD.jpeg
    185 KB · Views: 21
  • 40FEE6C9-B93E-486A-AB1F-41DBAA65B8BF.jpeg
    40FEE6C9-B93E-486A-AB1F-41DBAA65B8BF.jpeg
    215.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
That's awesome Mauser. Congrats. I hope you don't mind me posting a pic to brag on mine. Parker is 23 and Ethan is little big brother at 17. They are best buds.... He'll fight ya over her! FB_IMG_1659297205502.jpg

Mauser

What a cutie pie!!! I can’t believe I’ve missed this thread!! Special needs kids have my heart and always have. Just this week my wife and I were fortunate enough to take a friend and his daughter (She’s a woman by her own description) who’s softball team were the Braves this spring to her first ballgame at the new Braves ballpark. Love that girl she’s full of love and honest opinions which I really appreciate. You always know where Brandi stands on any subject. I would also like to add a note about how over the top the Braves staff were with here. Each and everyone were class acts going out of their way to make Brandi’s night special.
Thank you sir,I’m so glad you shared this with us. They bring so much joy and happiness to everyone around them. Chloe is the same way with her opinions and thoughts lol

Mauser

That's awesome Mauser. Congrats. I hope you don't mind me posting a pic to brag on mine. Parker is 23 and Ethan is little big brother at 17. They are best buds.... He'll fight ya over her! View attachment 1174271
Thank you! I’m glad you shared with us. Whenever we’re out and see other people with Down syndrome, We’re going to talk to them lol. That’s awesome right there. You can tell that bond and love by the way they looking at each other.

Geffellz18

Just Beautiful! My Aunt Giselle had downs. Was the middle of 5 children on my moms side. She was such an amazing Aunt & rarely does a day go by when she and my nanny aren’t in my thoughts. She passed several years ago from esophagus cancer, but did live well beyond her expectancy.
I too have a special needs son-Not Down Syndrome, but Fragile X syndrome & Autism. A handful at times, but has a heart full of love and deep caring for his loved ones!
They are truly a blessing.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
What a beautiful child and great story. When I lived in AR a neighbor had downs, he was in his early 20s. Friendly guy always wanting to talk while wearing a smile. The county had a work center for the developmentally challenged. They made political and advertising buttons and pins. Rain or snow that young man was out in front of his home waiting on the shuttle bus to take him to work. Got to get to work, they need me, he would say.

Mauser

Have to brag on my girl. This weekend was her first time on the water in a kayak. We hit Notchaway yesterday for a little while and she loved it. We caught 15 or 20 redbelllys and two shoal bass. She done great in the kayak,I still can’t believe how steady she was in it. I think we’ll be getting a tandem next year lolIMG_1194.png