3:45am in Wal-Mart Last Thanksgiving

Auto-5 Nut

Last Fall I was on a Co-Op with GE Consumer & Industrial in Louisville, Ky. and was unable to get on any leases due to my late notice of going up there. Anyways, like most of you here my life is hunting and having to sit in an apartment on the weekends and after work during the Fall really took its toll on me, I was going crazy, :banginghe :banginghe :banginghe .

So when Thanksgiving rolled around the wife and myself hit the highway for my 4-day weekend, and it wasn't for Granny's biscuits this time, it was to get my rear-end in a stand.

Well, when I hit Atlanta I was making perfect time to climb in a tower stand that overlooked corn rows planted under a power line running between two big heads of woods. All was well, I had my three hunting days planned out and then it hit me. NO HUNTING LICENCES. I had always bought them in the past a couple of weeks before archery season, but not this time.

When I hit Cordelle, I stopped to get the magic card at the Wal-Mart off of 75 at 3:45am.

Here lies the point to this story, in Wally World, not in the corn patch. :pop: :pop: :pop:

I counted 3 workers in the store and I asked to get some licenses. I was pointed toward the hunting/fishing section and was told someone would be with me in a moment. During the 10mins it took the lady to get there a man with his son AND another man with his son and daughter came up to the counter.

Being a small town barber's son I have a habit of striking up conversation. Come to find out, the man/son duo were form Louisiana and the trio were Alabamians. So I figured they were visiting family and decided to do a little hunting while here? WRONG, both groups leased land here and came over to hunt, neither had any kin in SW Ga.

We all thought it was kinda odd to all be in Wal-Mart buying licenses at 4am in the morning and all be form different states.

I think that says a lot about hunting in Ga and its future...

Also, seen 11 deer from the stand in 3days and shot an ok 9pt. little width, God loves me!!! ::;

Last edited:

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Sometimes its not the hunt that makes things good, but the adventure and stories leading up to the hunt. Taking a deer sometimes just tops off an already good time.

gabowman

Dustin Pate said:
Sometimes its not the hunt that makes things good, but the adventure and stories leading up to the hunt. Taking a deer sometimes just tops off an already good time.

Well put Justin!

Woody52

License $28
Gas $280
Hunting Lease $750
The pleasure of being out there, knowing thousands of others are doing the exact same thing at the exact same moment, enjoying it so much, knowing that someone who hasn't done it can't appreciate it....Priceless

Last edited: