3 Days and 3 nights...

Thread starter #1
As most of you know, 99 44/100% of Christians can't explain adequately how Jesus fulfilled His 3 day/3 night prophecy concerning how long He would be in the grave. I remember, as a relatively new apologist in my 20s reading various commentaries that tried to force the Friday crucifixion in to the 3 day/3night prophecy; all of them were jibberish and never accounted for the 3 nights. That is because the Christian faith is basically anti-Semitic and has been stripped - by men - of anything that looked "Jewish": 7th day sabbath, God's Feasts, etc. In being robbed of the feast days, we miss out on much incredible info about our Messiah! Let me spell out the Spring feast days (Passover, Unleavened Bread, First Fruits, Pentecost) and how Jesus fulfilled them. The 3D3N math will work out perfectly once you understand what has been taken from us...

The Passover lamb (for 1500 years before Jesus) was to be brought into the home on the 10th of the 1st month and, after being found perfect, killed on the 14th. The day after Passover is the first day of the 7 day Feast of Unleavened Bread, and that day was a HIGH DAY Sabbath! A High Day is a sabbath that is associated with one of God's Feasts. When you learn that Jesus died before the High Day Sabbath of Unleavened Bread, and you realize there was more than just the normal weekly sabbath during Passover week, the math is simple. Gentiles believers over the last 1800 years, being ignorant of God's feasts, and reading that Jesus died before a sabbath, only understood the weekly sabbath, and have celebrated His death on Friday (Good Friday) but Good Friday is a joke. Most who know about the High Day sabbath place His death Wednesday evening, and rising after sundown Saturday evening. I, though, for several reasons, believe that He died on Thursday. Either way, though, it was not Friday.

In a nutshell, Jesus enters His Father's house on Sunday the 10th of the month, is tested and tried by Pharisees, scribes, lawyers, etc, and is found perfect by Pilate on the 14th. BTW, Isreal was to remove the leaven from their homes before the Feast of Unleavened Bread, which was the next day after Passover. What does Jesus do when He enters His Father's house? He uses a whip to remove the leaven (sin) from His Father's house. :) Anyway, Jesus is killed on Thursday the 14th, and place in the tomb before the High Day sabbath which started at sundown. Jesus, in fulfillment of Unleavened Bread, was not allowed to ferment in the tomb. He rises early Sunday morning, just before sunrise, in fulfillment of First Fruits, which was always on the first day of the week during the 7-day Feast of Unleavened Bread. (I'll go into the incredible details of First Fruits and Matthew 27 in another thread...you'll love it)

Did Jesus rise earlier than he appeared? Such as rising Saturday but not appearing out of the tomb until Sunday. Not that it means much, but if those saints were awakened earlier than they appeared.
When Mary Magdalene got to Christ's tomb Sunday morning before daylight, He had already arose and left his tomb. He would have had to do this about the same time of day that he was put in his tomb.

https://rcg.org/books/crwnos.html