30# propane tank and auto change over valve

Headshot

I am wanting another 30# propane tank as a spare as well as an auto change over valve for the tanks. Thoughts and recommendations will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

95g atl

I'm in for this too. I have two tanks but they are 10 years old and don't think they can be refilled without a certification....which costs as much as a new tank I've heard.

Was looking for new tanks but mixed reviews on amazon.

Lilly001

I visited my local propane dealer. One that also delivers to homes and has been around for decades.
They certified my tanks for a couple dollars each and sold me a used, recertified, tank for about half of a new one.

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
What ever lines you buy for the auto valve get made in USA lines....... I went the cheap route when we were staying in Breeman/Talapoosa it took me calling a RV road service tech to figure the problem out. The cheap overseas made jobs are junk, the check valves will not work or the inner line will collapse and make you think your tank rental s empty!!!!

Headshot

Thanks for the all of the input. Think I'll buy a Worthington cylinder. A little more money but they are made in Ohio and are purged. Still checking out the auto change over valves.

95g atl

12 years on anything 100# or less, then can be recertified for another 5 yrs. Just found this out recently myself.
Thanks for the info...!
anyone have an exact $ amount for recert???
price probably varies between vendors, but an idea would help b4 I go calling around so I know what's good and what's not.
Thank you folks.

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
I think most run around $25.00. That covers the recert and new style valve if needed.

tr21

this thread got me thinking, my tanks need to be replaced this year. looked at a few places and cheapest I found was 2 30# tanks for $105 free shipping on ebay