350 legend vs hog

Kestas69

Nice.

Gonna soak him in a cooler for a while?
Actually I did not. I just added a little vinegar to the water and soaked for about 5 minutes to draw the blood and smell if any out of the meat. Would like to hear more or better options from more experienced than me. How are you dealing with your meat?

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
That's great!!

Mattval

Learn how to braise.
Or put the meat in the crock pot like roast

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Actually I did not. I just added a little vinegar to the water and soaked for about 5 minutes to draw the blood and smell if any out of the meat. Would like to hear more or better options from more experienced than me. How are you dealing with your meat?
I usually keep mine on ice for a week or so with water drained off same way I do deer . Makes some of the best sausage I’ve ever had

GeorgiaGlockMan

I keep it iced down in a cooler for a few days depending on what I have going on.

If it is a rank pig I usually just leave them there.

Rich M

With the bullet weight, velocity, and limited expansion - the 350 Legend punches holes all the way thru every time. I've been pretty pleased w mine.

BTW - that's a lotta bacon.

Kestas69

With the bullet weight, velocity, and limited expansion - the 350 Legend punches holes all the way thru every time. I've been pretty pleased w mine.

BTW - that's a lotta bacon.

Or two exit holes :) From my experience 170 gr Hornady sometimes brakes to two or more pieces. I have observed this on few occasions on deer. Like in this picture I shot this buck quartering towards. Strangely one piece of bullet exited close to entrance hole and destroyed the shoulder. Other piece damaged the heart end exited on the other side and I found third piece inside the deer. FF3E4144-59D5-4FCC-B158-C13F60EB8243.jpeg7CE02EE6-DE87-4A4D-8E94-A5187256D794.jpegFF3E4144-59D5-4FCC-B158-C13F60EB8243.jpeg3E6ABE0B-8563-4AA1-AAE3-661239B39C48.jpegD6435FD4-F616-4C8E-93CA-6D8E36551BD3.jpeg87CA8AB6-C85E-478E-A5EA-3632AD6BFBB5.jpeg

furtaker

I saw a little short barreled compact Savage Axis in 350L at Walmart the other day for a pretty cheap price. It kinda tempted me. Would make a great little pig rifle.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
I saw a little short barreled compact Savage Axis in 350L at Walmart the other day for a pretty cheap price. It kinda tempted me. Would make a great little pig rifle.

Shoulda bought it! I love mine. Axis2 Youth with the accutrigger. Bought it with Grandboys in mind, found out it is a sweet little truck gun, summit viper rifle, and walkabout weapon...There was a rebate when I got mine, and final cost was around $250 iirc..

NOTHING not to like about it.

IMG_20201107_070852669.jpg

furtaker

Shoulda bought it! I love mine. Axis2 Youth with the accutrigger. Bought it with Grandboys in mind, found out it is a sweet little truck gun, summit viper rifle, and walkabout weapon...There was a rebate when I got mine, and final cost was around $250 iirc..

NOTHING not to like about it.

View attachment 1069709
This one actually had a full sized stock but a very short barrel...looked around 16 inches. Had a scope on it too but not sure what kind it was.