3D Targets/Course...

huckhgh

I'm considering investing in some more 3d archery targets for my back yard. (Currently, I have 1 strutting tom and 2 buck targets)

Anyone have a course or several targets setup in their back-yard?

I'd love to see some pictures of your setup and hear any advice on which targets are solid and which ones to avoid.

Thanks,

Huck

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
Yep, I've had a couple different brands and Rinehart have clearly been the best. They have them for pretty good deals on Camofire from time to time. I also feel like i've seen factory seconds for cheap before (for an archery target you'll likely leave outdoors, does it really matter?)

phillips david 123

There is several diy videos on you tube on how to build archery targets. I used the plans from one and built a 3'x3'x17" target. I had several of the materials on hand and got the plastic stuffing from a boat sales warehouse. I've got less than 25 dollars in a target that would cost over 200$ store bought and it works GREAT!! I got a cover for it for 20.00 on line and i'm good to go.

stonecreek

Look up solotarget on the web. Been thinking about that. The videos make it practical but you can make your own stand.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
We've probably bought close to 100 targets over the years from R&W Targets. A company from Pennsylvania bought R&W and now they are RealWild Targets.

https://bigshottargets.com/product-category/subs/3d-targets/

They've always been the best bang for your buck. Extremely durable, replaceable vitals, and the most realistic looking deer out there. The only knock against them was how hard it was to pull arrows out of them. RealWild claims to be easier to pull, but I haven't bought any lately. My own range consists of 3 or 4 deer, a coyote and a boar.

Mackenzie and Rinehart are top notch targets, but you'll pay premium prices for most of them.

If you've got enough property, set them up so you can shoot each target from different angles so you don't get tired of shooting the same shots over and over. And I don't care what target you shoot, you'll wear it out if you shoot it repeatedly with broadheads.