4 down in Greene County

hambone76

A club I’m in near Oconee is getting bad.....quickly. I saw about 15-20 yesterday. One large pig, several good 100#’ers and a ton of shotes.

They were just across the fence on a neighbor’s property that we don’t have permission to hunt on. I followed them down the fence hoping they’d come across...no dice. They filtered out further into the field so I left them alone and went to find some that I bumped last week.
I went back to a well used creek bottom and put the wind in my face, slipping along real slow.
Sure enough, I caught up to this same little sounder again, not 150 yards from where I saw them the week before. This time the sow had picked up a small, but rather plump brown pig. I drew a bead on the lead sow and put a Barnes through her shoulder. She dropped at the crack of the rifle and the rest of them scattered. I ended up killing 4 of them in a 360 degree area around me. It was crazy.
These are gonna be some fine eating.

B61E028F-BFDC-488C-BBE5-7C5F5A587FB1.jpeg

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Good job ! 3 of them will be good for sure , that ol sow may make some decent sausage

hambone76

Good job ! 3 of them will be good for sure , that ol sow may make some decent sausage

Thank you Ant.
Yeah, she was looking rather poor. They’ve really been on their feet the last couple days. I’ve seen a bunch of movement from late morning through early afternoon. I guess the lack of deer hunters feeding them a steady supply of corn has them searching hard.
I killed this lot at 2PM yesterday.
The fellas that are running feeders here are going to have to replace 4 currently.
I hope to put an end to quite a few more of the pigs this Spring.

Last edited:

bubbafowler

Heck yea! And if you ever need help collecting and skinning, or getting rid of the meat in general, hit me up, I'll go with you without a gun!!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Way to go hambone! I bet that was a blast :biggestshoot:

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
Well dun. I hunt over near Woodville and have got a few myself this past year. Got a thread here if you haven't seen it:. https://forum.gon.com/threads/took-advantage-of-the-situation.977995/

Been too busy at work, 70/week, to get out since mid Jan but am hoping it will slow back down middle of next month and I'll get a chance to go again. Maybe we can hook up some time and get after em.

davel

You should probably talk to the neighbor and ask if you can shoot them across the fence next time...I'm sure they would be happy you did!