ucfireman

I thought about that.
Bite the bullet once and suck it up (if you can afford to).
Like you said you should be able to make the tax back plus if you have enough time.
I don't think I do. Could be wrong (especially if the market holds for any length of time.

For those that know. I have a Roth with TD. My 401K is with Fidelity. Can I open a Fidelity Roth to make the conversion easier and have 2 or would I have to move everything to just 1 account?
I know there is still the yearly limit no matter.

Buford_Dawg

Good retirement talk going on here. Started young myself with 401k contributions, company matches up to 6%, over the course of 34 years with non stop consistent contributions and increasing contributions when raises come about, things add up nicely. Have advised both my sons how important it is to get started early as over the long term, $$$$ accumulates more than you think. I never got into the Roth side of it, just Fidelity 401k that my company uses, plus fact I wanted to take advantage of the tax savings thru my career. Will pay normal tax based on income as I draw it out in my retirement years, which is very near.

ucfireman

Easy come easy go.
Feds say rate hikes coming, everyone freaks and markets drop. (that's what they say anyway)
Not too bad a loss considering. $7,700
Back under 600.
I predict a big week this week.