41.magnum

love my 41 mag !!!! My favorite load for deer and hogs is CCI 350 primer and 21.0 gr 296 or h110 pushing a 210 gr sierra sport master. This works great out of my ruger red hawk with 7.5 inch barrel

frankwright

I have had good results killing deer with both a 210 JSP and an XTP.

I started with 2400 and still use it but have heard H110 has advantages.

I have Killed deer with a 4 5/8" Blackhawk, 7.5" Redhawk and a 10" Contender barrel.
I like the .41 Magnum a lot!

jmoser

I load the XTPs with H110 also but try the Cast Performance LBTs for a bit more punch; 250 gr at 1400 fps with H110.

Craving a Henry carbine to go with my Blackhawk !! Missed opportunity to get an 1894 several years ago and it has haunted me ever since.

I've been using the 41 Mag for years, myself and two Brother in Laws I use the Keith type SWC cast, 215 grs over a dose of Blue Dot and love it. I also load the Barnes 180 gr XPB and it is awesome, also with Blue Dot Ive taken a good many hogs and few deer with it, never a failure

ga41

another vote for H110, 20-21 grains, I use a Fed 150 primer and have for over 30 years. Nosler 210 HP works great for me

Newt2

It's been about 3 years, but being a new member and the fact that I love the 41 Magnum this thread needed reviving. I had the Ruger Blackhawk in 6.5", scoped and iron sights and a Redhawk 7.5" scoped.

I never used a factory load for hunting. My 3 handloads used 170gr Sierra JHC, 200gr Speer half-jacket HP, and 210gr Sierra. All over H110. Of all the deer I took none took a second step.

I prefer handgun hunting over any other typr. I took quite a few with my GP100 6" iron sights, 6 with a muzzleloader, one with a shotgun and one with a rifle.

pacecars

I had good success with the Federal Cast Core 250 gr factory loads and 210 gr cast Keith hand loads. Used them both in a TC Super 14 and a 6” S&W 57 and 657.

Have been a 41 mag fan for years and have quite the herd, most of S&W breed.
My plinking load which has enough punch to hunt with is 215 grain cast over Universal Clays or Unique. Jacketed stuff sits over 2400. Haven't shot it in a while but even a wildcat the 41 GNR #2, a 445 super mag case necked down to 41 caliber, the Contender shown.

Attachments

specialk

TC Super 14 w/leopold in .41...ive killed several and my son killed his first 3 with it....