41.magnum

love my 41 mag !!!! My favorite load for deer and hogs is CCI 350 primer and 21.0 gr 296 or h110 pushing a 210 gr sierra sport master. This works great out of my ruger red hawk with 7.5 inch barrel

frankwright

I have had good results killing deer with both a 210 JSP and an XTP.

I started with 2400 and still use it but have heard H110 has advantages.

I have Killed deer with a 4 5/8" Blackhawk, 7.5" Redhawk and a 10" Contender barrel.
I like the .41 Magnum a lot!

jmoser

I load the XTPs with H110 also but try the Cast Performance LBTs for a bit more punch; 250 gr at 1400 fps with H110.

Craving a Henry carbine to go with my Blackhawk !! Missed opportunity to get an 1894 several years ago and it has haunted me ever since.

Reactions: Dub

Larry Rooks

I've been using the 41 Mag for years, myself and two Brother in Laws I use the Keith type SWC cast, 215 grs over a dose of Blue Dot and love it. I also load the Barnes 180 gr XPB and it is awesome, also with Blue Dot Ive taken a good many hogs and few deer with it, never a failure

ga41

another vote for H110, 20-21 grains, I use a Fed 150 primer and have for over 30 years. Nosler 210 HP works great for me

Newt2

It's been about 3 years, but being a new member and the fact that I love the 41 Magnum this thread needed reviving. I had the Ruger Blackhawk in 6.5", scoped and iron sights and a Redhawk 7.5" scoped.

I never used a factory load for hunting. My 3 handloads used 170gr Sierra JHC, 200gr Speer half-jacket HP, and 210gr Sierra. All over H110. Of all the deer I took none took a second step.

I prefer handgun hunting over any other typr. I took quite a few with my GP100 6" iron sights, 6 with a muzzleloader, one with a shotgun and one with a rifle.

pacecars

I had good success with the Federal Cast Core 250 gr factory loads and 210 gr cast Keith hand loads. Used them both in a TC Super 14 and a 6” S&W 57 and 657.

Lonegle57

Have been a 41 mag fan for years and have quite the herd, most of S&W breed.
My plinking load which has enough punch to hunt with is 215 grain cast over Universal Clays or Unique. Jacketed stuff sits over 2400. Haven't shot it in a while but even a wildcat the 41 GNR #2, a 445 super mag case necked down to 41 caliber, the Contender shown.

Attachments

• 100_2032.JPG
    100_2032.JPG
    222.2 KB · Views: 9

specialk

TC Super 14 w/leopold in .41...ive killed several and my son killed his first 3 with it....

JpvCwby

I do LOVE my S&W Model 57 - 8 3/8" 41 Rem Mag with a 2-7x20 Vortex scope.
XTP and Fusion 210gr have always worked great. I now have several boxes of Hornady LeverRevolution 190gr, but have not harvested anything with them.
My furthest shot was 79 yards on a young spike who ran about 45 yards to expire.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
That's a big gun and a heck of a tool.
One of the things I love about my 41 is that is a 6 and a 1/2" and serves as a great hip gun.
I have several long barrels (rifle cals) for my contender and sometimes carry them both at the same time... Sometimes a rifle and the hip gun, sometimes a rimfire and the hip gun. Sometimes the Contender and a rimfire.
I love versaticity (Ben Rogers Lee).