500FPS!!!

Long Cut

My biggest concern with these fast crossbows is that guys will begin taking shots they normally would not, with a flatter shooting bolt. That “20 yard broadside” shot is now becoming 40..50... which just increases the margin for error.

Archery only zones near neighborhoods and yuppies finding wounded deer, or bolts sticking in live deer ain’t a good look for us. (Yes poor shots happen at 20 yards, but 50+ yards is asking for trouble)

I also question how well a fixed blade broadhead handles speeds above 400FPS.

Not my cup of tea, but it’s legal and I support the folks who choose to utilize them responsibly.

shdw633

My biggest concern with these fast crossbows is that guys will begin taking shots they normally would not, with a flatter shooting bolt. That “20 yard broadside” shot is now becoming 40..50... which just increases the margin for error.

Archery only zones near neighborhoods and yuppies finding wounded deer, or bolts sticking in live deer ain’t a good look for us. (Yes poor shots happen at 20 yards, but 50+ yards is asking for trouble)

Not my cup of tea, but it’s legal and I support the folks who choose to utilize them responsibly.

Guy with a Ravin R10 shot at a buck from 70 yards across a water inlet, he got him but had to get a boat to go across the water and track him, though to his credit he did recover the deer. Expect to see hunters with the bow to take 100 yard shots like it's a muzzleloader, maybe longer if they can.

across the river

The truth of the matter though, is there will never be enough archery hunters, even with crossbows, to move the needle. Do people loose deer shot with a bow or crossbow? Yes they do. However, there are far more, and I mean far by a loooooooong shot, deer lost that are shot with a rifle than there are deer shot with archery equipment, and it isn't even close. Honestly, if someone drops $3500 on a crossbow, I have far more confidence in them practicing and being capable of shooting one lethally at 75 yards with that crossbow than I do a lot of guys who have a rifle and try to shoot one farther than they have ever practiced, squeeze one through a tiny hole, shot at a bad angle, etc..... I know people who loose multiple, as in more than one, deer per year with a rifle. I don't get it or understand, but they do. I know guys who hunt exclusively with a bow, that rarely loose one. I'm honestly not that concerned.

BowanaLee

So what's your minimum FPS then ?
My two are between 300-330 FPS with a 435 gr arrow & muzzy 4 blade and under 500.00. Pass throughs every time at any angle.

Last edited: